New Cougar Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
286 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just took off the mesh off of my old grill cause i just want the mesh w/o the old grill attached. I've searced and found a dead link in the how to's but need help. Is it just attached with zip ties?? I cant figure it out let me know if I get to use my dremmel!

·
Registered
1,350 Posts
I dont have any pics but the way I secured the mesh was with small nuts/bolts/washers through the bottom lip.
Then the top is screwed into the white 5mph bumper with washers.
Then on the ends where the fog's go, small bolt through side.
I had silver mesh for a while, now its all black. All hardware painted black to match mesh, nothing looks out of the ordinary, besides my own aftermarket foglights.
One other thing is to cut away all the tabs from the old grill on the bumper itself.
Dremel could be used to trim excess bolt showing through bottom lip, but you would never see it anyway.

·
Registered
286 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
How big does the mesh need to be? Mine is like 1ft. wide and 3ft. long, so i guess i need to get find one of thos really hughe ones then for it to fit or is there a simpler way to do it? LIke with zip ties or summin

·
Registered
1,350 Posts
I have the same 1' by 3' mesh. There are 2 seperate peices which do not attach to one another. The middle is attached to the center peice of the bottom lip. I actually took the bumper off to do this, but the second time I left it on because I then knew the easier way to attach it.

·
Registered
286 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Is there more or different ways to do this mod? I didnt care for the mesh over the stock grill so I really want to change it. has anyone heard of using bondo to attach it, is that a bad idea or what??

·
Registered
298 Posts
i installed my mesh in the dragon z bumper with some fiberglass never had a problem i even got into a accident and the bumper was cracked everywhere but yet still held together where the mesh was fiberglassed to, u could maybe even try duraglass but i would recommend fiberglass or screws but there was no way i was screwing into my bumper -Justin-

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.