New Cougar Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought a 7 flip out screen, but it doesnt have a DVD player installed. I saw a few pics of how people have removed there ash tray and ciggarette lighter compartments to put the dvd player in there. I was wondering what steps were needed to do this, is there anything i should or shouldnt do? I was just gonna saw it out....

Also with this set up is there certain wires that are needed to hook the screen to the dvd player, i know there must be some, but what? I searched but found nothing. Any info would be helpful! thank you

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
ok i see, any idea where to get power for the DVD player?

·
Registered
369 Posts
I used a power converter. It is simple and it will plug into your cigg lighter. As for a DVD player wait until this christmas, I think they are coming out with a PS3. Just use that. I used an XBOX. Good luck!

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
ok sounds good, thanks for all the tips...im gonna attempt installation soon. thanks for everyones help

·
Registered
1,223 Posts
i am currently working on moving my HU to the ashtray spot. i am also molding (bondoing) my screen into where the HU used to be. should be a nice install. hopefully :) i'll post pics when i'm done.

·
Premium Member
5,433 Posts
Originally posted by: limegreencougar
`
Originally posted by: JonDoe
Oh and also look into a RF modulator. This will allow you to run your audio through your system.
its a FM modulator i have one in my ride but now i dont need it since my cd player has the inputs for it
Acutally, both are right. RF - radio frequency FM - frequency modulation. Both acurately descibe it and both are accepted. :)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.