New Cougar Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,086 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I brought a ractive ebrake handle thats universal

I got all the stock stuff off but the actual handle is metal and doesnt fit over the cougar's stock metal handle(thing under the cover)

Has anyone had this problem

I was think of crushing in the handle so that it fits on

like the handle is shaped like this [ so i was thinkin if i bend it the handle will fit

What are the pro's and con's

Thanks'
steve

·
Registered
1,166 Posts
I think that the problem is that it doesn't fit over the metal handle. I had this problem too, because the handle starts out small and then gets bigger as it gets farther down. I returned the new knob I bought and left it stock. I'll probably get the one from Customcougars, because I know that one fits. As far as bending the metal, from what I remember the handle looking like - I think it would be really tough to bend it in enough to make it smaller without bending the whole handle and making it crooked. I would try to find one that has a bigger opening if you don't like the style of the one on customcougars. Good luck if you try it though! And let me know if you get it to work because then I want to do it!

·
Registered
1,086 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
yea i bend it all down and still could not get it to work
so i bend it back and going to return the ebrake handle

I would have got it to work but the button gets stuck went you bend it so i couldnt leave it bent

·
Banned
1,831 Posts
MOMO...mmmmmmmmm now yer talkin

you have to grind a lil but it looks quite nice!

·
Registered
1,510 Posts
Originally posted by: Funkboy316
MOMO...mmmmmmmmm now yer talkin

you have to grind a lil but it looks quite nice!
DAAAAAMN! That's definatley the nicest interior of ANY Cougar on the boards! And i do mean ANY Cougar! :bowdown:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts