New Cougar Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Installni exhaust

I ordered the borla dual from CC.com.. (yes just the borla muffler) anyway, IM about ot put it on and... I need to go buy a jack :( lol. Cuz mine broke. Any tips on putting this thing on? like.. putting the piping together first then mounting the whole thing? or piece it under the car? also how do i hang the other tip that doesn't have a stock hinge? (wire hanger i hear?)

ALSO, do i have to take anything off the old system and put on the new or just the new fits perfectly as it came?? I haven't actaully lifted the car up to look at all this yet, just wondering what to expect.

Thanks guys :)

·
Registered
4,861 Posts
Ok, first of all you might want to search a bit to get the information you're going to need about the other hanger. As I don't know what year you have, it's hard to say if you'll even have to worry about that.

Otherwise, I hope you have airtools or something strong to get those bolts out on the flange, after that it's cake.

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
99. so i wont be deoing a ny welding ..

And soemoen said take wd 40 to the bolts and make srue youre really strong. :)

·
Registered
2,299 Posts
Yes. WD40 is your friend. Spray the bolts down liberally, then go have a beer and let the WD do it's thing. As far as mounting up the new exhaust, put it all together under the car, but leave the bolts somewhat loose so you can move things around a little. Then once everything is in place, tighten all them sumbishes down.

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Got it all done, sounds awsome, i just have to do some minor adjusting to the tail pipes to even them out.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts