New Cougar Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
if anyone know how to install a LED underbody kit by streetglow let me know because i have everything mounted but when i connect it for power it just blinks once. where do i connect the red wire??? i have the yellow wire connected to a fuse and the black wire grounded and do i have to connect the blue wire or no??? and how do i go about reconnecting one of the wires popped out of the white tip and i went to strip it but it just cut it. thanks

·
Registered
2,122 Posts

·
Registered
4,861 Posts
Because you can't link directly to searches :rolleyes:...

The red wire needs to go to a dedicated source, such as your battery (fuse it, of course), and the yellow wire has to be wired to a second 12v source - I ran it to a switch, so when the brain receives power from the red and yellow, it is activated. Otherwise, it will simply flash once when you start the car, or when power is applied to it. If you disconnected/cut a wire, make sure you use heat shrink and some silicone when you put it back together - water has nasty ways of getting in to sealed areas.

·
Registered
2,122 Posts
well **** on me...you learn somethin new everyday...oh well the second link works...and it was the more informative one anyway..

1 - 4 of 4 Posts