New Cougar Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
HEY THERE EVERYONE,,,I JUST GOT MY RAM AIR KIT AND I HAVE NO CLUE ON HOW TO PUT IT IN.. I HAVE READ SOME OF THE HOW TO'S FOR THE 2001 BUT I STILL DONT GET IT.. THEY SAY PUT IT WHERE THE FOG LIGHT IS BUT I DONT WANT TO LOSS MY FOG LIGHT. SO IF ANY CAN PLEASE GIVE ME A PRETTY IN DEPTH HOW TO I WOULD REALLY APPRECIATE IT. THANKS

·
Registered
2,470 Posts
Okay, lets see if I can clarify this one for EVERYONE who has been asking about it:

1. Remove the driver's side wheel and inner fender skirt.

2. Remove the lower front splash shield. (The big plasitic piece under the front end & radiator.)

3. Take the scoop and test-fit it RIGHT NEXT to the foglight, BEHIND the driver's side lower grill opening. (I used big zip ties to secure mine.) Secure it in place using whatever means you see fit.

4. Then remove the driver's side tow strap bracket from the subframe. (Take out two nuts on bolts holding it in place, and slide it out.) This will allow you room to run the ducting (Big gray dryer hose.)

5. Remove plastic pieces from around air inlet opening in fender (Where the OLD air box connected to the fender.) This will give you room to run the ducting through the opening and connect it to the filter.

6. Run the ducting, and connect each end to the scoop and filter respectively.

7. Put everything you took apart back together.

8. You're DONE!!!

Does that answer everyone's questions?

If not, feel free to ask me about more specific information!

Glad to be of service!
Charles

·
Registered
1,953 Posts
Charles,

Can I install JUST the Ram Air kit................without the aftermarket intake? Or do I have to wait?

Sunni :)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts