New Cougar Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, my car was hit while I was parked at school a couple of weeks back I had a huge dent in my left rear quarter panel and then denting all around my left fender. The plastic part of the side view mirror (on the bottom half against where it joins to the car) was broken as well. So, I got the call from my insurance today and the guy that hit it says he didn't do all the damage and that if all of the damage isn't mentioned in the police report then not everything will get fixed (at least by the guy that hit me). It pisses me off but if the guy didn't do all the damage he shouldn't have to pay it all but still, that means some other m_____ f__k_r hit my car as well that day.
Anyways, I know the huge dent in the rear quarter panel is going to be covered for sure since the guy admitted to that. but the fender and mirror are up in the air. Actually you can't even tell the side view mirror is broken unless you get on your knees and look right under it. The fender is another story. So, if this guy doesn't have to pay then it doesn't make sence for me to claim that much damage since I would have to pay my 250 deductible anyways (not to mention the fact that my insurance will probably go up if I do claim it)........so, I think my best option is to get the new CCs X1 fenders. The only question is how much is it going to cost me to have them painted the laser red? (It's pretty easy to install these right? I shouldn't have a problem?)
Thanks for any help you guys could give!!

·
Registered
902 Posts
Wtf.. the odds of TWO people hitting your car are slim...

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I know!!! It all sounds like a bunch of bull s*** to me. I can't wait until I move so that I don't have to take my car downtown anymore.
Anyways, isn't there someone who knows how much it would cost me to paint (just) the X1 fenders laser red?

·
Registered
2,274 Posts
Originally posted by: blades2iceman
I know!!! It all sounds like a bunch of bull s*** to me. I can't wait until I move so that I don't have to take my car downtown anymore.
Anyways, isn't there someone who knows how much it would cost me to paint (just) the X1 fenders laser red?
its a tricoat paint so you definately dont wanna get someone not experienced to paint it, and when it comes to experienced painters, its dependant on location, his experience, etc

·
Registered
1,510 Posts
A full lazer red paintjob on my car was $5000...fenders...I bet you're looking near $500

·
Registered
10,831 Posts
I just paid 1000.00 for 2 bumpers and a set of fenders to be painted Laser Red... it's definately the most expensive FORD paint out there..

·
Registered
954 Posts
Originally posted by: Crispy
I just paid 1000.00 for 2 bumpers and a set of fenders to be painted Laser Red... it's definately the most expensive FORD paint out there..
yeah yeah yeah... you are always 'just getting something painted laser red'....

·
Registered
2,122 Posts
not three weeks ago my buddies sunfire was hit twice inside of ten minutes...a tad bit icy out and he was not parked in a good spot i guess...the first lady just kinda nudged him and put a nice transfer mark on his car he said it ok dont worry about (quarter was already hit months before) and like i said not tenminutes later some a-hole in a busted a$$ pickup came flyin around the corner and took out the whole a$$ end of his car....a double hit is not very likely to happen but they do..

sorry about the insurance BS though...hope it all works out..

·
Registered
10,831 Posts
Originally posted by: PeDL2DaMeDL
what the hell is that supposed to mean? I have a basement full of parts to prove that I just dropped 1K this last Friday.. the car gets put together finally this week in anticipation of my first show the following week.

·
w00t!
15,782 Posts
Originally posted by: PeDL2DaMeDL
:rofl: dude, its cause she always IS getting stuff painted... :shrug: its the truth!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts