New Cougar Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've come across a few photos where people have the inside corner of their tailights lit up in the triangular shape it is in. How do you do this mod, I tried searching here and in other places w/ no luck especially since I don't know what to call this when searching. I think it might have to do something w/ adding leds inside the tailight cover but then how do you get the nice triangular shape? If anybody knows how to do this or can show me where to get a how to of this It would really be appreciated.

·
So its begun.....
16,842 Posts
the inside corner?? Sounds like a reflection..I know the outside corners are lit stock. But I've yet to see the inside corners modded like that...Do you have any links to pics?

·
Registered
252 Posts
If you are talking about the corners of the tail lights that are on the sides of the Cougar, many owners have cut out the areas in the tail light covers over the small lights that are located in the corners (normally these lights would be hidden by standard tail light covers). Some have cut out a triangular shape over these lights, others have cut circular holes, or even the outline of a Cougar's head.

What I did was to thicken the plastic tail light covers with plastic weld epoxy that will stick to ABS plastic. Then I drilled out the holes with circle cutter, and smoothed and eased the edges. You will need to relocate some of the 3M mounting tape to clear the holes. Before installing my painted tail light covers, I customized the surface of the tail light lenses, as shown in the photo.

Attachments

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
No that is not what I'm talking about thought it really looks sweet, Im talking about the other side corner where people stuck bulbs or something and it comes out all triangular light, here is a link in ebay for a body kit but in it there is a pic of what i'm talking about.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/MERC...996238860QQcategoryZ36475QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

on a note, I smoked my tailights & cover one of the boobs so when I stop the cougar face (looks more fierce) appears, also I put my name tight on the tailight blinkers, but Im gonna have to go back sand & smoke more because the name doesn't appear well and the last spray can clogged and left drop marks all over my hard work.

·
So its begun.....
16,842 Posts
Sorry to break this to you..Thats the reflection from the camera flash.

·
Registered
8,235 Posts
Although if you REALLY wanna make that happen i know how to light up the field of the reflector like that...

but ya thats just reflection from some crappy hand held camera.... Theres a reason pros use flashes that are more than 1 degree different than the angle of the lense. But i doubt anyone wants me to put on a Photography 101 class via threads ;)

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
man, that is a bummer, but you got to say that would look freaking sweet to do to a coug, like instead of the sideones to light up, the inner ones woul light up, or have them connected to a switch.What can I say, I am a neon/ light guy, my goal in life is to make my car into a blue beam of light.

hey moraki yeah I am very interested in making this happen, so whenever I am ready to learn from your wisdom.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.