New Cougar Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK, I already have the intake in and everything, and I may be an idiot but...

is it just supposed to kinda hang off the TB? theres like no support for it...Its not going to just fall right off or anything but the only thing keeping it in place is a clamp on the end...it didnt come with any other pieces and there was nothing I saw in the car....any ideas? or is it ok just hangin there?

·
El Mucho Post Whoro
12,140 Posts
No, the injen does not have any support structure or brace to hold it in place, and yes, you will most likely get some paint rubbing off on the inside of your hood (from when the engine 'lifts' under high torque load) as many people do. Most people just try to 'bend' the intake so it points somewhat downward. You can probably go purchase a piece of aluminum and bend it to shape, then drill two holes in it. You can bolt this to the MAF and MAF adapter, and bolt the other end to the tranny mount. If you don't want to do that and want to go with something pre-made, you can buy a Mirko Racing MAF adapter (which comes with a bracket), but you will have to zip-tie your IAT sensor somewhere near the filter, since the Mirko Racing MAF adapter doesn't have a hole for the IAT.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Alright cool, thanks

Yeah I did kinda angle it down a bit so it doesnt hit the hood, I think I'm all good here. :)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts