New Cougar Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3,141 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want to modify the plastic trim on my injector wire harness to push the elbow section thats next to the top motor mount closer to/under the motor mount.
Ive never had this apart before and just wanted to run it by the group before I break anything.
I'm having trouble taking the top half of the plastic off. It doesnt look like rocket surgery but is there a trick to doing it without breaking?
Any thoughts about pitfalls to this little project or suggestions as to how to do it without causing problems down the road for the wiring?
My current thoughts are to either cut it at the elbow or heat it with a lighter and bend it. I was hoping to accomplish this without taking the whole thing apart any farther than it already is but I guess I'll do what I need to.
injector wire plastic.jpg

·
Registered
6,301 Posts
You are dealing with 15-ish year old plastic that has be heat cycled thousands of times, it is probably pretty brittle. Not sure why you are trying to mods this, but I would expect the potential for breakage is high.

If you plan to proceed, I would recommend a heat gun. I used a heat gun a few months ago to actually change the shape of the lower grill openings on my BMW so I could fit different inserts.

·
Registered
2,531 Posts
+1 for dont even have it.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts