New Cougar Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
alright there are four wires, i have read some previous posts and the violet goes into the #35 wire coming out of the pcm. obviously the black is the ground, then there are a white wire and a red wire... please help me out and tell me where i tap into. the gauges came with no instructions. thanks

·
Registered
1,790 Posts
Red is power, black is ground, violet goes to PCM, and i believe the white should go to your headlight switch. That way, when you turn the car on without the lights, your A/F gauges still works, but when its running with the lights on, it would light up indiglo. I personally dont have these, so maybe someone that has them could give you a better response. If thats wrong, then the white goes to power and the red goes to headlight switch. I am sure RISTA would be able to give you a positive answer. He has Autometer Indiglo Gauges.

·
Registered
3,309 Posts
i just tapped into the o2 sensor itself instead of fiddling with that whole bundle of wires. as for which wire goes where, if they are autometer the instruction manual tells you exactly what each wire does. i can't remember off hand what colors there was behind mine. it was pretty self explanitory as long as you knew what wire was what.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
that is the problem right now. it didnt come with instructions, i got it off of somone on here and there were no instructions. please someone help me out. i just need to know what wire to tap the viloet wire into on the o2 sensor.

·
Registered
3,309 Posts
later today i'll run out into the garage and see if i can find the ole instruction manual and post some of the info for ya. it is autometer, correct??

·
Registered
3,309 Posts
Originally posted by: 01blkcat
Autometer --

Red - power
Black - ground
Violent - signal
White - illumination (run it to your headlight switch)
Violent eh??!!! dang. didn't know that wires could be that postal ;)

but that's the info i was gonna post, so i won't post the manual, unless you still want me to

·
Registered
1,790 Posts

Originally posted by: 01blkcat
Autometer --

Red - power
Black - ground
Violent - signal
White - illumination (run it to your headlight switch)

Thats exactly what i thought, but i wasnt sure. Way to pick up the mess jason.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
alright i have found out that the wire i need to tap into is the white wire with red stripe. now where can i pick up from the ignition, as well as where is a good ground. and while youre at it can sopne tell me how the hell to get these wires in to the engine compartment to begin with???!!!! this install sucks bad. someone please help!!!

·
Registered
4,861 Posts
Ignition can be found by probing the four wires coming from the main key, or just run it to the radio power - it's on only when the car is on. To run it, either run it next to the ECU and into the car, or through the grommet on the right side (if you're an ATX).

·
Registered
3,309 Posts
i ran mine through the little 'tear' shaped thingymabob underneath the drivers side of the dash.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.