New Cougar Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
813 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What does it fcost to fix this? I was told like $400 but I can't seem to be able to keep enough money to save up. Because of this my engine light will not go off and I can't pass inspection. Now my tag has run out and I can't get that fixed till i get it inspected, lol. I've gotten 3 tickets for the inspection and 1 for the tag in the past 3 months. I forgot about one court date thinking my lawyer was taking care of this one ane they came today to take me to jail. He gave me till tomorrow cause I told him I thought I paid my lawyer to go for me. Any suggestions on what I should do. Everytime I go to get it inspected they always find another problem that costs hundreds of dollars.

·
Registered
4,342 Posts
Good Lord.

Okay- The IMRC control box is an easily replaceable part, but it's recommended that you pull the UIM to the side before you try to get to the cable.

Bill Jenkins can get you the control box. It's not cheap, but it's necessary in your situation.

·
Registered
3,206 Posts
From Fordparts.com there about $100.

·
Registered
5,817 Posts
Once you do it, you will be able to do it easily the next time. The first time I did mine, I removed the UIM. But last week I did it without removing anything and it took me about 5 minutes.

·
Registered
5,817 Posts
Honestly it is pretty self explanitory. Remove the airbox and inlet pipe going to the TB. Remove the waterpump and IMRC cover (plastic thing that says DURATEC 2.5). Unplug the connector to the IMRC, remove the three bolts holding it down. Follow the cable going from the IMRC to the LIM control. Unsnap the line at the LIM and feed the cable out, reverse the procedure.

·
Registered
2,179 Posts
Originally posted by: WillieC
What does it fcost to fix this? I was told like $400 but I can't seem to be able to keep enough money to save up. Because of this my engine light will not go off and I can't pass inspection. Now my tag has run out and I can't get that fixed till i get it inspected, lol. I've gotten 3 tickets for the inspection and 1 for the tag in the past 3 months. I forgot about one court date thinking my lawyer was taking care of this one ane they came today to take me to jail. He gave me till tomorrow cause I told him I thought I paid my lawyer to go for me. Any suggestions on what I should do. Everytime I go to get it inspected they always find another problem that costs hundreds of dollars.
A perfect example of authoritarian crazy life in the USA... That stuff was the one aspect I hated most when I lived there. Stuff just doesn't happen like this up here. You DON'T go to *JAIL* for invalid tags.

Massiv.

·
8,627 Posts
Originally posted by: Massiv
Originally posted by: WillieC
A perfect example of authoritarian crazy life in the USA... That stuff was the one aspect I hated most when I lived there. Stuff just doesn't happen like this up here. You DON'T go to *JAIL* for invalid tags.
Way off topic, but since you brought it up - he was going to jail because he didn't appear in court, not because of the tags. Ignoring a judge's orders, in any country, is a bad thing.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.