New Cougar Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
my 1999 atx has intermittent imrc failure, im going to conclude that it is overheating being bolted onto the block. So i plan to relocate the little module sometime this week when i install my new short ram intake. Any suggestions as to where i should put the imrc, and how i should go about moving it, and if i should bolt it down to my existing air intake brackets where it was held down.

·
Administrator
24,344 Posts
Oh dear.

How about buying one that works?

·
That link is NSFW
14,377 Posts
apart from the obvious search response.

I'd address the IMRC before worrying about a shorty intake... something tells be it will result in a more noticable power gain.

concerning _relocating_ an IMRC, it only works when its a working IMRC to begin with. You'll probably find some previous threads showing how to relocate it to underneith the intake ontop of the tranny. I do not suggest doing that as it is a getto solution and regret posting photos of doing that resulting in others doing it. The proper way is to extend the IMRC wiring [its 4 wires, doesnt take many advances skills to do that], are relocating it to behind the driver's side stut town and the firewall [IE where your cruise control module also sits]. The actuator cable routes very nicely to the IMRC when relocated to that position... it also gets it out of sight... and sets it in the coolest spot under the hood.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
i took the imrc off and tried finding another spot to mount it but was not very successfull (getting dark outside also) so i put it back on the front, i was having a hard time finding a spot that i could reach, i didnt want to pull on the wires to extend them. Let me know if pulling on the wires is the correct way to give it slack.

N

·
0 Posts
I had luck when I relocated the IMRC to the trunk, occasionally placing it in a cooler helped for drag strip runs. Data logs showed a decrease in amount of time it took to activate.

·
That link is NSFW
14,377 Posts
i took the imrc off and tried finding another spot to mount it but was not very successfull (getting dark outside also) so i put it back on the front, i was having a hard time finding a spot that i could reach, i didnt want to pull on the wires to extend them. Let me know if pulling on the wires is the correct way to give it slack.
no pulling on the wires will not give you more slack. and be careful, that small harness is 700 some bucks from ford.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts