New Cougar Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 99 cougar 2.5 man.

I just put on a free flow exhaust from the cat back, and a cone filter Air intake.

My car is running mid to high 15's on the 1/4 mile, and I would like to hit low 15's.

What can I do to grab some extra hp, without spending a load of cash?

would plugs and wires make a diff?

let me know...thanks

Z

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
IAT sensor mod, and gutting your pre-cats. That should be good for about 10-20 ponies. 20 being optimistic but you never know. You could look both up in the performance section to find out how to preform each mod. All in all I think it will cost you about $20, and a couple hours of you time. 20 Hp for $20 bucks......not bad.
Peace

Zero

·
Registered
2,568 Posts
dou you think that you couild post a link?? im a lil stupid and i couldnt find what you were talking about ,, thanks

D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
you are in mid 15's and want low 15's. Try removing any rear stereo equip. spare tire and everything inside except for the drivers seat ofcourse. That would just hurt :) That should get you close.

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It was my first time at the track, and I was fully loaded. I had my sub, spare and jack, and seats in.

I will be heading out again next month, so I will give it a try with out the extra weight.

What should I lower my tire pressure to? And will bags of ice on the engine really help in between drags?

If you have any more tips......Let me know

thanx

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I called a couple performance shops, and no one even knew what a IAT sensor was, or how to modify it.

I called the ford dealer, and they said that there is no way to modify the Intake Air Temp Sensor.

Let me know if you have any further info on this.

thnx

·
Registered
2,064 Posts
read the links someone gave you
then info is there....read...........read.....
BTW IAT= incoming air tempature sensor

Z

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
If they have no idea what IAT is then don't take it to them. Those links I gave you will help more than i ever will be able to. Use this message board for it has alot of useful info..... something your dealership doesn't. The search option is your friend.
Peace

Zero

W

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
yes spark plugs would help alot i sell halo spark plugs and they give you up to 20% better perfomance and increased horsepower and it also saves gas cause you will get up to 20-25% better gas mileage and they only cost $9.00 a piece and i have my own website that you can buy them from. www.halosparkplugs.net/r.cgi?index-475

C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
HaHa...What a salesmen actully get the bosch +4 Plugs like $6 each...

LAter

L

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
<< I called a couple performance shops, and no one even knew what a IAT sensor was, or how to modify it. >>

I read that and started to LMAO

<< I called the ford dealer, and they said that there is no way to modify the Intake Air Temp Sensor. >>

Then when i read this i just kept LMAO.

Word of advice the only thing a ford or mercury dealer ship can do right is an oil change.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts