New Cougar Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
... For another cougar!

Ive thought about it, and i realy like this car, but I think I can do better. And fate struck today. While driving down blue angel blvd, I spotted a car lot with a cougar, with the same paint job as mine sitting in the lot! I stoped in, the place had already closed, and checked it out. It had no info sheet, but I could see inside and it had the same console that someone on here told me to replace mine with, sport tires, a sporty side decal and its a standard! Im gonna go talk to the guy tommorow and see if he will swap cars with me.
Now, the only thing is is that my model is the loaded luxury model. You know, power seats, leather interior, those kinda things. The other model is fabric and sports seats. I dont mind, I think of it as weight reduction. But, The pipes are a lil blah. I thought my pipes where standard, but I havnt seen anyone with them. Not even pictures. There duel exhaust, horizontal layout, like a new acura tl. I believe there aftermarket but I havent been able to locate them. There realy unique and Id like to have them on my new car. There not tips or universal mufflers, because Ive checked em out and its a st8 setup.
Any feedback and or sugestions on the last part appreciated.

·
Premium Member
5,052 Posts
Might be Pacesetter the exhaust you have... if so might be yellow inside the tips(might need lots of cleaning to find yellow)

D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I've also been wanting to trade my car for a manual cougar, which is another reason why I don't want to sink too much money into mods for my current cougar. My car is almost paid off, but trade in value is only around 10k, so I'd end up financing some again :(. Unless I get an older 99-00 cougar with higher miles but that would kinda suck trading in a car with 10k miles for one with over 50k.

I'm still kicking myself iin the ass about this, when I baught my car in may 2002 the dealer had alot of new cougars in stock and I remember seeing a black mtx cougar that was about exactly the same options wise as my atx and had a rebate like mine did. Of course at the time I didn't know how much faster mtx cars were so I got the atx. :banghead:

·
Registered
2,274 Posts
good luck mang, but they most likely wont trade ya straight across, even tho you just got your car

·
Registered
4,201 Posts
Brandoom, if you want to keep your aftermarket exhaust you could buy someones stock exhaust that they replaced (or peices parts of exhausts) and then switch them out on your coug before trading it for the other one. Then, once you get the other one, put your other exhaust on it.

B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
i thought about it, but I have no idea who has a cougar in pensacola. Ive seen maybe two.

Its not a pacesetter. I checked it out. O'well. Its an unsolved mystery.

·
Registered
1,166 Posts
Use the dealership's sales tactics against them. Why not just make it seem like a deciding factor on whether you will buy the car or not. Tell them that you want to change the exhausts when you buy the car or you wont buy it because you paid alot of money for the exhaust that is on your car. I am sure that the salesman will oblige to make a sale. They may even switch them for you to stop you from leaving and having time to think about your decision. Also, I am sure that a dealer would rather have the car with a stock exhaust anyways.

B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I talked to the guy today, he seemed real excited to do the deed. Good news. So tommorow Im trading my car in. Mines the loaded version with everything, so im gonna try to get a discount. Feelin real good about it.

B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
also, The car im trading in for has no sun roof, are there hood scoopes for cougars?

·
Registered
2,274 Posts
Originally posted by: Brandoom9
also, The car im trading in for has no sun roof, are there hood scoopes for cougars?
you mean roof scoop? and if thats what your talking about, you can make any roof scoop fit if ya dont have a moon roof

B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
sory bout that, i was on the phone when i typed it. koo, so roof scoop for me. Is there anything special I should know about this car before i trade it in today? Like probluems with fuel pump, waterpump, trany?
Its a 2000 2.5 v6 mtx. Looks like the sports edition, but not sure.
Thanks brandon

·
Registered
2,064 Posts
Originally posted by: Brandoom9
sory bout that, i was on the phone when i typed it. koo, so roof scoop for me. Is there anything special I should know about this car before i trade it in today? Like probluems with fuel pump, waterpump, trany?
Its a 2000 2.5 v6 mtx. Looks like the sports edition, but not sure.
Thanks brandon
Does it have rear disc brakes?

B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
err yup.

Looks like Im gonna have to delay trading it in until tommorow. I gotta find the number to the bank that I was financed through...

1 - 13 of 13 Posts