New Cougar Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
PLATINUM M0DERAT0R
4,995 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I finally got the Cougar Emission tested, Inspected and Registered :cool: Drove around, got all my fluids flushed and then got a hand wash done to the outside by CobbleStone :biggrin: It's nice being able to drive this thing on the streets legally and everything running right!! Oh, surprisingly, I don't scrape all that much. I just need to look out for big dips and what not, but overall, I really only scrape when I exit and enter my drive way (It's pretty steep).

So yeah! :banana: I go back to work for about 2 days and then I'll have leave until after Thanksgiving weekend :cool:

·
Registered
7,247 Posts
So did the emissions guys say anything about the car when you took it in? Did they just do the "plug and go" with the OBD-II, or did they sniff-test it too?

I don't think I've asked this, but are you going to drive it every day to work? Or just as a weekend car? For the driveway problem, I would look into those "quick release" deals they make for front bumpers and do that whenever you come out of the driveway. Hindsight is 20/20, but the air-ride from you white Cougar would have been PERFECT for that problem.

·
PLATINUM M0DERAT0R
4,995 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
They did the OBD-II, checked the VIN and then check for a gas cap. I was rejected the first time because there was no cap on the filler neck, so I took the Sparco Fuel Door off and got a cap from Auto Zone... I have 2 PermaCap's coming in from BAT Inc. I'll be selling one cap when it comes in, I ordered 2 because BAT can only process orders over $20.00.

Anyway's I drove the car to work today. Overall it was a good ride... I got a TON of stares and couple kids shooting "Nice Car."

I believe I will be putting a For Sale sign on it though... after I install the CF Hatch and CF Inserts. I'm thinking after that stuff is done I will just sell the car for the amount I paid for it and the stuff that has been installed since, so a little over $9,000 and I have the new title and registration :banana:

·
Registered
2,619 Posts
Approximately how long will that be? I'm really looking into getting another Cougar, and if you are really going to sell that orange one, I'll see what I can do to take it off your hands.

Granted, my main priority is getting my Solstice refinanced, but I dont mind adding a few months to my second auto loan if I can get a car as nice as that one (my original cut-off is $6000)

·
PLATINUM M0DERAT0R
4,995 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I'd say a couple months... what time frame are you looking at? I know you're in Iraq right now and you know we have o stick together :cool:

·
Registered
2,619 Posts
Oh, by all means do not wait for me to come around. It might be awhile. If it is still for sale come some time this summer I'd probably be more than happy to pick it up (depends on my financial situation, of course. I have to get settled in to a new job or 2 after getting out of the Corps)

·
Registered
979 Posts
It took me 3 times this year to get mine to pass and im emissions exempt :banghead: but it is a good feeling, i was driving mine for about 3 months with an expired inspection.

pm me when the perma caps come in, Ill buy your extra one off you.

(edit: how the hell did I end up in AZ neco??? I must have made a wrong turn)

·
Registered
7,247 Posts
IIRC he traded in the Cougar for an Escape and has since disappeared.

·
Registered
10,831 Posts
wow, I am seriously amazed that you passed emissions - we dont have testing at all in my area of Wisconsin.

I have one of those bat filler caps on my SVT -- love the thing... BUT, I originally bought it for the Cougar and I couldnt get it to fit years ago... interested to see if you can.

·
PLATINUM M0DERAT0R
4,995 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
wow, I am seriously amazed that you passed emissions - we dont have testing at all in my area of Wisconsin.

I have one of those bat filler caps on my SVT -- love the thing... BUT, I originally bought it for the Cougar and I couldnt get it to fit years ago... interested to see if you can.
Yup, I passed :) The gas gap is another issue.... I guess the Cougar and the Contour does not have the same filler neck design. :( I posted it in the Problems section.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts