New Cougar Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,810 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, not a real cop with a gun, but a Community Service Officer for the Glendale Heights Police Department!! Woot! I'm Excited!!

I applied a few months ago, and they called me back last week asking if I wanted to take the test for the job.. turns out I got the highest score on the test than the other people who did it, so they gave me an interview, they interviewed my boss and my friends, and they did a background check on me. My boss just told me that they said I was the fore-runner for the job, and most likely will be getting it!!

I'll be doing stuff the patrol officers are too busy for, like parking tickets, directing traffic, taking stray animals to the pound, helping motorists in distress, taking accident reports, minor investigations, etc... And I get to wear the police uniform! I'll LOOK like a real cop!

Bad boys Bad boys.. whatcha gonna do.. whatcha gonna do when they come for you...

·
Registered
335 Posts
CSO is a fun job that is great experience. I did that job briefly in Orland Park before I started my current full-time job. If Glendale Heights is anything like OPPD, then you will work your ass off, but I enjoyed it, so much I may go back on my days off (after my training for this job ends, I HAD to quit the CSO gig cause my current job doesn't allow secondary employment while in training :( ) Just don't try to play real cop while CSOing, that isn't a good thing! It's really a good gig, congrats and good luck!

·
Registered
335 Posts
O yeah, I almost forgot the most important thing, be nice to your dispatchers. If your not, we can make you VERY busy. Our payback for the rude cops/cso's who are not nice to us on the radio. The crap jobs get assigned to certain people all the time :). Again, congrats and good luck.

·
Um...
3,283 Posts
Congrats Brian!

But I'd watch out though... because Heather's really going to try and chase you down... now that you are a man in uniform!

·
I love CougarFest!
1,750 Posts
Does this mean I get to speed through glendale Heights now! LOL YIPPIE!

Yah.. and um.. i have a thing for guys in uniform! :) LA LA LA LA LA! Another reason to flirt with Aries! :)

·
Rockin' Mom-mobile
8,010 Posts
Congrats Brian! Just do a good job and maybe you will get promoted. Altho I feel safer knowing you don't have to go into the dangerous situations.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts