New Cougar Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
342 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm baa-ack

I got back last week from a 3 month deployment to Iraq. It's so good to be back on American soil. Anyway, so back only a week and guess what....the Cougar got totaled last night!!
A tree jumped out in front of me and I hit....that and I was going a little too fast. First accident in my life. Airbags went off and everything. I didn't get in any trouble with the law and no one got hurt.
I'm gonna see what I can part out after the insurance company looks at it and I'll give you guys first dibs. As of now the only thing I took off was the Mirko rear strut bar.

Attachments

N

·
0 Posts
man that looks insane, i bet it looks worse in person. Glad to see you made it out in good shape. Its also good to know a Cougar can withstand an impact like that with the driver staying in one piece.

If you are parting out, Ill take care of the Wires, brake kit, and possibly the wing

Oh by the way, if they are junking the cougar. Im interested in the MTX-75 transmission.

·
Banned
1,329 Posts
hey dude, glad to see u made it out good from the war, and accdient. The accident is probably worst then the war. LOL. Anyways if u want to get rid of your door panels, ill be more than happy to take them from u, for whatever u want, same with the back panels, u know the leather covers and panels. Also ill buy your A/C controls switches , and headlight switch control. Again sorry bouyt what happened. Are u getting another coug be the way.

Thanks

Z

·
0 Posts
sorry to hear about your accident man, i didnt drive for about a week from the day i got back. i let people drive me around so i can get used to the traffic in atlanta, i know traffic in Baghdad is more complicated but here its just that people drive faster. well it really depends there is no way to compare the two. but im glad to hear you made it out unharmed that would have been kind of ironic. if you need help with anything just drop me an PM i have a lot of experience with anything to do with the cougar.

Be safe

Gus

·
Registered
2,637 Posts
jeeze ppl he just wrecked his car lol, glad to hear your ok man. sorry about the coug

·
Registered
3,470 Posts
HOLY HELL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Glad to see you made it out alright....

As far as parting things out, if you are, I would REALLY REALLY appreciate it if I could get all your interior pillars (or at least the front two) Let me know how much and I'll paypal you right away........

·
Registered
342 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
You guys rule. Thanks so much for your comments.

Alright, they towed the car out of my driveway yesterday, and this old guy who was driving the flatbed truck was hilarious. He asked me, "who was driving, Budweiser?" Well the answer was no but still that was funny. Anyway, I'm still waiting to hear if they're going to "total" it or try to fix it. They said they might, and if they do then that car will never run the same again. If they do total it i'm going to look into buying it back from the insurance company. If I do that I'll hook all you guys up with whatever you want.

·
Registered
342 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Yeah...I just found out that they're giving me a whoping check for $15,400 and some change! I guess cause it has low miles for the year that it is plus the receipts i saved for all the aftermarket goodies. The thing is since there is a lein on the car (the bank has the title) and i owe about 3K on it I have to go through some other process of buying the car back and after talking to the guy on the phone it seems like to much of a hassle. It is way complicated.

Next car...Black Audi TT Quattro. 225bhp AWD 6 Speed Turbo

Attachments

·
Registered
192 Posts
sorry to hear about the loss of the cougar...but...i DEFINATLY applaud your choice for the next car!!!! i love the audi tt....

1 - 11 of 11 Posts