New Cougar Forum banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
I love CougarFest!
1,750 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Come join us at Bryon Dragway to race against the Grand Ams! We will be meeting with the Midwest Racing Club at IHOP on the corner of North and Bloomingdale road (in Glendale Heights) at 8am. You do not need a fast cougar to race. I have the slowest cougar in NECO land and I am PROUD OF IT!

Edited: I am still trying to see what I can do to have that Saturday off, so somone please bring a camera to take pictures! I love posting pics on our webpage!!

Who is Coming on Saturday????

G

·
i'll be there. can't wait to run, and get my times. ohh yeah and kick some grand am butt. man i love to race.

·
I love CougarFest!
1,750 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Who is coming on Saturday?

People going to kick some a$$:
Eric N
Mike
Karla
Reagan

WHO ELSE??!?!?!?!?

G

·
What were the dates and times? Maybe my slow car will be there? well I am getting the YoDudes and they will be done June 14thish

kyle

G

·
I'm not going to be there until after 12 or so. I have to wait for the wife to get done working. What time does the track close at?? I don't want to waste a trip then if it isn't late.

Eric N.

G

·
Was down with bad cold for a while and, even after I was over that, it left me really dragging for a long time.

·
I love CougarFest!
1,750 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I AM GOING!! Officially. I will be there at 8 am BRIGHT AND EARLY!

G

·
Yipee! I am happy that you can go, Heather! I am getting excited, there are going to be Cougar people besides me there!
Oh and BTW the track will be active until at least 5 or 6, so if Eric wants to come after 12 that is fine! Chuck, I am sure that Heather will give you a happy, cheery early morning wake up call, so you had better get your sleepy head out of bed and show up!

G

·
No, I don't think a wake up call is necessary. Besides, I'll be leaving about the time my girlfriend gets up to go to work and I'm pretty sure that she wouldn't be very happy with me taking an early morning phone call from another woman.

See you all at the IHOP!!!! Just save me some pancakes......

G

·
hey can anyone give me directions to the ihop you guys are meeting at? or better if anyone from the waukegan area is going i can follow them. let me know cause i gots to race.

·
I love CougarFest!
1,750 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Karla what is the address for Bryon again?

Both Chris and Amber want to go to Bryon but it is pointless for them to meet us at the IHOP when they are passing Byron to get there. Please tell me so I can email it to them! Thanks!

Edited: nick is so nice sometimes. I was having heart attack that little cougars would be lost. Thanks Nick!

Address to get to Byron:
Byron Dragway
1 River Road
Byron IL 61010
815-398-1060

Directions:

Via Interstate 88:
Take I 88 west to I 39
I39 North to Exit #111
72 West for 13 miles.
At the stop sign where Rt 72 turns right, continue straight on Rock River Road
The drag strip is about a mile on the left after the stop sign.

Via Interstate 90:
Take I 90 through Last Toll by Chrysler Plant in Belvidere
US 20 bypass around Rockford toward Freeport
Follow US 20 to fourth exit or Hwy 2 south toward Dixon
Hwy 2 for 11 miles to Byron
At First stop light turn left
Cross the bridge and turn right onto Rock River Road at the 4 way stop
The drag strip is about a mile on the left after the stop sign

G

·
Thanks for the times Karla!! I just didn't want to show up and only get to race for an hour or so. I'm gonna be eatin' Grand Ams ALL DAY!! I can't wait
AND, I'm going to beat my track times from Union Grove, so be ready all -- I feel a 15.4 coming on Saturday!!

I'm glad you're going now Heather, it just wouldn't have been the same without ya!!

See you all there later in the day!

Eric N.

G

·
I wish it were that easy Nick. The MAF is calibrated to my computer code, so it won't work on your car -- sorry man!! I know you want one of these things pretty bad too. I wish there was a way for us to do it!

Are you going now, I thought you wouldn't be able to make it? Either way, I hope you make it!!

Eric

·
Um...
3,283 Posts
Who's ready to kick some Grand Am butt? I am, I am! 'course it looks like crap outside today, but the weather channel promises me dry conditions for tomorrow... let's hope so. Nobody wash their cars, for goodness sakes you'll jinx it to rain! Actually, I hope to get mine washed somewhere, even if its by hand at 6:30 tomorrow morning... :)

G

·
We'll be up at the crack of dawn to wash the yuck off our cars, the dirt is a wind drag ya know! I am excited! It's supposed to be 64 degrees and a little cloudy, perfect race weather! Cars love that cool air, we should all be running well. Did Tim get everyone directions? You don't want me giving directions, I'll get you lost! I didn't get my Yodude yet, so I won't get to find out if it helps yet.
Let's RACE!

1 - 20 of 31 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.