New Cougar Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
331 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I don't post here very often, but as of right now I really have no one to rant to. So here it is...

So I am merging onto rt 50 (maryland) on my way home from dropping off my girlfriend going about 60 in the slow lane. I notice blue fake HID headlights in my rearview mirror that are approaching me and eventually swerve into the middle lane next to me. I expect to see a honda crx or something, but it's a friggen black STI with black rims and exhaust that were visible. So anyways he's staring at me and smiling real big. HE couldn't have been any older then 17 at the most. He then shifts to third (i suppose) and flys buy me and hits the brakes and comes back even. I look at him and he's smiling real big. He then does it again and when he came back even he honked 3 times and took off again.
The story really has no point, he just annoyed the hell out of me and i needed to rant. It was like 12:30 and i was tired and just wanted to get home. ahh it just annoys me so bad.

·
Registered
746 Posts
What a freaking retard, he did the ricer fly by and everything geez when will they learn

·
Registered
4,189 Posts
I love stupid morons...They make me feel sooooo much better about myself each day...

I should note...a Real STi comes with HID's stock...they are not projector type, but they are High Pressure Mercury Lamps...they are White and not blue, and there would be no reason or way to put fake blues in them...

I have to assume it was a regular WRX. If it has the STi wing, and even an STi Hood scoop, it's still possible it was a regular WRX. If you look at my Avatar, you'll notice no high High wing on my STi...That's due to a trunk swap with a WRX. So my trunk is out there somewhere on a WRX trying to be an STi when it's not.

Always look at the front bumper, brakes, and interior to check if it could possibly be a real STi...Of course when you're driving, it's not easy to do that...

Did you atleast flip him off?? ;)

·
Registered
1,756 Posts
Not all WRX r trying to look like STI. I got the STI wing because of how it looks, not because i think i can fool people and tell people it is something its not. But i did get some idiot in an EVO to back down cause he thought i was lol

·
Registered
4,189 Posts
I didn't necessarily mean all WRX guys go for the high wing cause they're wannabe STi's... But some people are like that...

However, I do find it funny that many STi owners don't want the high wing, and the WRX guys do want the high wing...I guess it's true that you always want what you don't have.

Nonetheless...my wing causes soooooo many debates on the road. I honestly can't believe how dumb some people are. I get accused all the time of trying to "look like" an STi...even when I have the badging, rims, front bumper, interior, gauges, brakes, side skirts, scoop, etc etc etc...Who in their right mind would buy all the stock parts like that for thousands of $$$$ just to look like the Sti...when what's funny is, I have an STi with 1 non stock exterior part...

Oh well...it gets people to try to race me...and get pissed when they lose...

I think I'm gonna put Type-R badges on my car next...and see if people then think it's a Type R wanna be with a Subaru WRX body kit on it... :)

Good times... :)

·
Ur one.....
6,752 Posts
wow........it doesn't matter if it was an STi or a wrx.....the guy obviously doesn't need either. i'll bet he'd does it to old lady's in buicks:rofl:

pgtatx - dude......Type R badge..........that's f#$king awesome, lol.

M

·
Registered
124 Posts
Originally posted by: MagicHallucinations
wow........it doesn't matter if it was an STi or a wrx.....the guy obviously doesn't need either. i'll bet he'd does it to old lady's in buicks:rofl:

pgtatx - dude......Type R badge..........that's f#$king awesome, lol.

M
I second the Type-R Badge ! :thumbsup:

·
Buyer Beware
6,575 Posts
I have a GT-R emblem hanging from my rear view...I tell all the newbie ricers i won it in a race against a skyline. If they gawk in awe i usually laugh at them. silly n00bs

·
Registered
1,792 Posts
I dont think he was being ignorant, he was trying to race you. He downshifted and took off to see if you would give chase. You didnt, so he came back even and tried again. The 3 honk is a street racing thing when you dont have a flagger, you go on the third honk so he figured maybe if he did that he could get a run out of you.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.