New Cougar Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,382 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My car was being unloaded off a trailor and running the length of the car are about seven double flaired steel lines. Anyways 3 of mine are busted. Fuel and 2 brake lines. Could this lock up the ignition to the point where the key wont turn at all not even to accessory or anything? Apparently it knows the key is there cause if the door is open it goes ding ding ding. But I really need help cause I need to be able to use my car aain once the lines are fixed.

Matt

·
Registered
9 Posts
happened to me at work a couple of months ago and my car is fine. I had to take the key out several times and finally when I was cussing a long stream of obscenities I jiggled the key in the ignition and it finally turn. Patience is a virtue I guess :<

·
Registered
335 Posts
Yeah, I think our ignitions suck. I've had times where the wheel won't turn for many minutes of me trying to turn wheel w/ ignition, and then the one day my key decided not to come out of the ignition for a few hours. Luckily I have the club cause I was in a crappy area by me in Chicago where my bud lives. Patience is a virtue! :)

·
Registered
98 Posts
I had that problem a couple days ago... i called the roadside assistance and they told me to jigged the stering wheel while i turned the ignition... i tried that and the key turned.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts