New Cougar Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK OK.....A friend of mine has a euro spec Focus. One of the many things he has added to it recently was an ignition amplifier/and wires. I gues it creates a hotter spark. He says he notices a pretty good dif in driveability and in gas mileage. I have not seen any that would work for our V6 cars. Does MSD or Accel make one for our cars and what kinda diff would it make?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
MSD...and they are worth it. Well......i guess if your thinking about doing some serious modding then yes they are worth it.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yes Eric those are your old wheels...and I love em...Thanx again. That finished the suspension work that the car needed...new wheels and some kick ass rubbers on em. I am also still checking on that wiring harness for you

·
Registered
4,189 Posts
Our cars don't benefit from the aftermarket ignition systems, and honestly most don't.

If you upgraded your engine with Forced induction, or a really built 3L, just to nome a few, it is feasible an ignition system could help, but not just one of those amplifiers.

On my previous car I utilized the MSD 6BTM ignition, which had an in cabin crontroller to allow me to retard ignition timing up to 3 dedgrees at an instant to ward off detonation and knock. But that was a FI application...

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Originally posted by: pgtatx
Our cars don't benefit from the aftermarket ignition systems, and honestly most don't.

If you upgraded your engine with Forced induction, or a really built 3L, just to nome a few, it is feasible an ignition system could help, but not just one of those amplifiers.

On my previous car I utilized the MSD 6BTM ignition, which had an in cabin crontroller to allow me to retard ignition timing up to 3 dedgrees at an instant to ward off detonation and knock. But that was a FI application...

True that!

·
Registered
401 Posts
If you choose to get an Ignition box look into getting the new AEM box. I have installed two now and they work great. You can even change your stock set up to remove the coil pack and put a coil on plug waste fire setup.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.