New Cougar Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
1,058 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What would you want?

(I need some ideas here please guys!)

EDIT:Before one more person asks, The reason I am making dinner or should I say I am making dinner for A couple of friend who have helped me out recently. NO I do not have a date. We all know brandy doesn't date. :flushed:

·
Registered
133 Posts
Personally i would like a 1 1/2 inch thick T-bone or NY steak, medium rare. Baked potato with butter, sour cream and chives.
Cant forget the garlic bread though
And to top it off a big chunk of all meat, cheese, and mushroom lasagna.
To wash it all down , an ice cold Michelob Light on a frosty mug, lol

Like i said that would be my personal choice, may i be so nosy as to inquiry what the occasion is?
cause the menu depends on the occasion as well

·
Registered
1,058 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Originally posted by: ShinyBlackCat
Cocoa Puffs, Ham and Cheese HotPockets, beef jerky and Funyuns.:)
LOL cheap and easy ;) sounds good to me.

But seriusly, i need some opinions here

·
Registered
865 Posts
hmm, hard to decide on, I'm digging the lasagna thought though, that sounds damn good ATM, clam chowder maybe, hmmmm, mac and cheese, the healthy choice

·
Registered
3,808 Posts
I just bbq'd some rosemary and garlic marinated tritip tonite. it was delectable :flushed: We just put it on some rolls and had some beer, that was about it. We like the simple things :)

·
Registered
154 Posts
Originally posted by: BRANDY

LOL cheap and easy ;) sounds good to me.

But seriusly, i need some opinions here

Oh and brandy, I seem to remember you being damn good at serving up some taco for the men :shrug:

...I know, I can't properly quote.
Cheap? Easy? Taco?
...no comment.:cover:

·
Registered
4,959 Posts
Can't go wrong with Italian food... lasagna, stuffed shells, or even regular pasta with a good meat sauce.

One thing that i do every once in a while is go to FoodTV and look for something that Emeril made that would be easy to make. Chicken's easy. If you want me to give you my recipe for my Monterey Jack mashed potatoes let me know. ;)

As for what i'd want... a nice Swordfish or Mahi Mahi and said Monterey Jack mashed potatoes, with a decent wine. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
3,808 Posts
Originally posted by: ignernt
Can't go wrong with Italian food... lasagna, stuffed shells, or even regular pasta with a good meat sauce.

One thing that i do every once in a while is go to FoodTV and look for something that Emeril made that would be easy to make. Chicken's easy. If you want me to give you my recipe for my Monterey Jack mashed potatoes let me know. ;)

As for what i'd want... a nice Swordfish or Mahi Mahi and said Monterey Jack mashed potatoes, with a decent wine. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
4,959 Posts
Looks like another word that needs added to the language filter, you punkass*****! :tongue:

Don't be jealous of my kitchen skills, fool.

·
Registered
3,808 Posts
Originally posted by: ignernt
Looks like another word that needs added to the language filter, you punkass*****! :tongue:

Don't be jealous of my kitchen skills, fool.
haha, i was just fookin with ya :biggrin: im not a huge fan of seafood :flushed:

·
So its begun.....
16,838 Posts
:rofl:

·
Registered
4,089 Posts
Entre`

Seafood: Pan Seared Halibut with Rock Shrimp Saffron Sauce...served on top of hand mashed potato and fresh peas (sugar snap or other of choice)

Red Meat: Twin Filets served with a bernaise sauce, hand mashed potato and fresh asparagus

Chicken: Chicken Tuscany with a Tomato Butter Sauce

Dessert:
Creme Brulee`

:wave:

·
Registered
2,552 Posts
while you're on Food Network, also check out 30 Minute Meals.
Rachael Ray is a total dork, but she's got some good food ideas.
Sometimes I watch her with Mute on. :biggrin:

I watch a lot of food network. The chefs often recommend you don't try something new out on your friends, just in case you screw it up.
Cook it first for yourself to see if you've got a good handle on it, especially if you're strictly the mac n cheese/ramen noodles/scrambled eggs and toast kind of person.

I'd definitely recommend anything with pasta and sauce, with a little extra flair to it to make it unique, because it's hard to go wrong with pasta.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts