New Cougar Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I HAVE A 1999 WHITE COUGAR IT HAS K AND N FILTER COSTUM COUGARS SHORT THROW SHIFTER IT HAS 126 THOUND MILES BUT I THOUGHT IF U TAKE OUT THE 2ND EXHUST OUT THE CAR WILL HAVE SOME SOUNG CAUSE I CAN HEAR THE CAR FROM THE INSIDE BUT I WANT OTHER PLL YO HEAR ME GO DOWN THE STREET OH AND WHT IS THE SPECS ON THE 99 COUGAR THE HP FPOT AND THAT GOOD STUFF THANKS

Attachments

• 112.4 KB Views: 83

·
El Mucho Post Whoro
15,948 Posts

First, hit that button and turn off your caps lock. ;)

Second, I'm not sure what kind of 'soung' you can expect by taking out the 2nd exhust. I'm pretty sure the car only has 1 exhust. If you mean removing the resonator from the system, it will be louder but it will sound really gay. I mean like super gay. You're better off buying an aftermarket exhaust. Go look at these guys: http://www.trubendz.com

Second, the HP on the 99 Cougar is 170 at the crank. I don't know what the FPOT is because I don't smoke fpot.

:tongue:

Welcome to NECO. Check the performance section for more info ;)

·
Registered
301 Posts
pwn3d

he must have driven a neon in a past life

·
Registered
7,178 Posts
Are you talking about making a duel exit exhaust like the pic below a single exit exhuast like how our cars come?

·
Premium Member
22,503 Posts
A stock exhaust comes down through the exhaust manifolds, through the Y-Pipe, then the cat, passes through the resonator, then the muffler and out the tail pipe. Anyone correct me if I'm Wrong. So by the second exhaust do you mean the one at the rear of the car or the one in the middle? If you get rid of the rear one you will have no muffler and it will sound "really Gay". Either do it right and get a cat back exhaust, or don't do it at all.

·
Registered
2,180 Posts
Originally posted by: white1999cougar
I HAVE A 1999 WHITE COUGAR IT HAS K AND N FILTER COSTUM COUGARS SHORT THROW SHIFTER IT HAS 126 THOUND MILES BUT I THOUGHT IF U TAKE OUT THE 2ND EXHUST OUT THE CAR WILL HAVE SOME SOUNG CAUSE I CAN HEAR THE CAR FROM THE INSIDE BUT I WANT OTHER PLL YO HEAR ME GO DOWN THE STREET OH AND WHT IS THE SPECS ON THE 99 COUGAR THE HP FPOT AND THAT GOOD STUFF THANKS
hey man pass it this way :smoke-g:

·
Banned
5,664 Posts
Originally posted by: MaverickFlyer
A stock exhaust comes down through the exhaust manifolds, through the Y-Pipe, then the cat, passes through the resonator, then the muffler and out the tail pipe. Anyone correct me if I'm Wrong. So by the second exhaust do you mean the one at the rear of the car or the one in the middle? If you get rid of the rear one you will have no muffler and it will sound "really Gay". Either do it right and get a cat back exhaust, or don't do it at all.
Actually it is the muffler, resonator and then the tail pipe, Mav.:thumbsup:

·
Registered
301 Posts
no its not. engine -> exhaust manifolds -> cat -> resonator -> muffler -> out the back

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.