New Cougar Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3,104 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
its another.

its been a while, a few problems with logging on. (thanks trevor). anyways, first it was the hvac controls, then the sunroof, just recently the altenator and just the past few days, my driver side caliper. it started making a grinding noise and i assumed it was the pads i just replaced in may when my sensor came on. when i put the pads on several months ago i noticed the pads screeched forever. then one day they stopped. anyways, i was coming home from my dads with my siter on 81 last night. there was an accidnet up ahead so i hit traffic all of a sudden, so i hit the brakes hard.... to know avail...no brakes, my car went flying to the right, right into the guard rail. the left side never grabbed causing me to spin to the right...hard. i didnt hit any cars but messed up my fender and some of the bumper pretty good. due to high insurance already im gonna just take care of it myself. i bought a new caliper today with some gift cards. the problem was a "sticky caliper" im not sure if this was the cause to the brake sensor but i think then sensor just went bad thats all. the piston would press the brakes together but the caliper wouldnt not release from the tire. this caused the pads to wear horribly and the rotors to get chewed up pretty bad. the grinding noise only started monday night and i figured it was dirt or a stone between the pad and the rotor but obviously that was not the case... its always something, 1 year owned and $1000 in un-accident related repairs. $3000 in accident repairs. 4000, thats a widebody, custom paint, rims, and ground control all installed... kinda makes me wanna go punch something...

·
Registered
3,104 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
oh yeah... merry christmas

·
Premium Member
2,070 Posts
Time to get those Z3's all primed and painted :)

Sorry to hear about your continued misfortune buddy. Glad you guys were all safe though.

Merry Christmas!

·
Sunshine always owns me
2,147 Posts
That sucks Adam. I'm sorry to hear that that happened....and like Keith said I'm glad everyone was safe. As for your car...Are you gonna keep it??

·
Registered
3,104 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
of course, i figure, thats 4 + whatever the previous owner had replaced, i should be hiting the nineth life soon... i love my car, i dont ever want to regret losing a car like all the older people i know have.

·
Registered
3,104 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Originally posted by: cougirllp
That's good to hear : ) I couldn't see you in any other car : )
not even a saleen s7( pics ), or a viper?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts