New Cougar Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,300 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, our IAT sensor is far from "sealed", so I'm wondering how well it will hold boost before it starts to leak. I did some searching a found this at summit racing. Being threaded, it will hold boost all day long! Question is, will it work? I notice it's a 2 wire setup and we also have a 2 wire setup, so I think it might. What has everyone else done with their IAT sensor?

MSD Intake Air Temperature Sensors: MSD-2320 - summitracing.com

I also found this one, but it looks exactly the same and cost nearly $5 more:

GM Open Element IAT Sensor with Connector DIYAutoTune.com

·
Registered
796 Posts
Thats just a GM IAT sensor so you know. Had that sensor on my Isuzu Rodeo. Might be cheaper on rock auto. Autozone carries the plug in clip for it also.

Not sure iff its gonna react exactly the same. Easy to test tho. Buy one and take a stock one and use OHM meter and see if reading is same on both in diff. temps.

·
1993 3000GT VR4
3,424 Posts
the zetec IAT sensors are threaded as well. i drilled a hole in the piping and then threaded the IAT sensor in but before it was all the way in i used some gasket maker around the base and then finished threading it in. doesnt leak and works great.

·
Registered
765 Posts
Search it up on CEG. We thread the stock sensor. You just grind off the little lip that normally holds it into the gromit, or file it off. Then just take a die that fits around the body of the sensor and thread it. Then use the tap that matches the die and thread the stock sensor into the intake. It works like a champ and that is what we do with all our turbo systems.

Well, our IAT sensor is far from "sealed", so I'm wondering how well it will hold boost before it starts to leak. I did some searching a found this at summit racing. Being threaded, it will hold boost all day long! Question is, will it work? I notice it's a 2 wire setup and we also have a 2 wire setup, so I think it might. What has everyone else done with their IAT sensor?

MSD Intake Air Temperature Sensors: MSD-2320 - summitracing.com

I also found this one, but it looks exactly the same and cost nearly $5 more:

GM Open Element IAT Sensor with Connector DIYAutoTune.com

·
Premium Member
8,300 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Rather then thread the intake pipe, I found a nut that was the exact same size as the threading on the IAT sensor (1/2" x 13) and I welded that to the intake pipe instead. A little sealant and all will be fine.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts