New Cougar Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, well my car has alot of embedded dirt that im pretty sure only clay can remove. My problem is that I just waxed it with Turtle Wax Superhard shell (supposed to last as longs as 12 months) about 2 months ago and water still beads up.

So i was wondering if i could claybar it with the wax and still get effective results? and of course i would rewax it.

·
Banned
5,851 Posts
if you have dirt embeded into the paint clay baring will more and lickly scratch the $hit out of your car, and as for the wax question, yes you can clay bar it still, the clay will take off the wax and you wax the car after you clay it anyways, hope this helps

·
Registered
6,301 Posts
Unless it is really bad, you should be fine to clay your car without fear of scratching it. The point of claybar is to remove the contaminates from the paint. Wash your car really good first, and just be sure to knead the clay regularly and throw it out if you feel it is getting to dirty. Also as kustomcougar said it will also remove all of the wax, so be sure to wax when done. Personally I always like to follow up claybar with the first 2 steps of Meguiar's 3 step waxes, and then finish a 3rd coat with their Tech Wax.

·
Registered
231 Posts
Hi all.:wave: You don't need to remove the wax first, as the abrasiveness of the "Claybar" will do that. Also, while using it once would probably not do much damage, using dishwashing soap on a car finish is a big no-no, as it is damaging to the finish.

This information is not my opinion, it comes from both the Autopia Car Care and Meguiar's Car Care websites.

You should just wash the car with a good, high quality car wash soap first, to remove as much dirt and contamination as possible before you use the "Claybar".

Good luck.:thumbsup:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts