New Cougar Forum banner
21 - 32 of 32 Posts
Originally posted by: GrandMasterKhan
Originally posted by: DgnZCoug
Originally posted by: 2002redXR
how do i make my courgar go fast??? .
trade it in...
I would expect such a comment from a poor weighted down automatic cougar owner.
Edited...

Click the little PM button if you would like to talk... or save the cutesy comments for yourself bub

Everyone has a different opinion of what "fast" is. Some people would consider a 14 second car to be fast, other people only consider a car fast if it runs 12s, 11s, etc. To me, you have to at least be running a 13.xx 1/4 mile time to be in that category, so I'll base my advice on that.

I would say to just run a healthy shot of nitrous, a Quaife LSD, an aftermarket clutch, and some drag radials. When done properly, nitrous is no less reliable than a supercharger or turbo on a motor that was never designed for one. It's also ALOT cheaper.

GrandMaster & DgnZ- Play nice. I think Grandmaster was poking fun not at you specifically, but to the fact that the ATX Cougars are not as quick as the MTXs.

At least, that'd better be how it was meant...

Frank's pretty much on the money- "Fast" is a relative term. You want to be faster than the fastest Civic on the planet, it would take several hundred thousand dollars. You want to be faster than 99.9% of the Civics out there, it would only cost a few thousand.

A straight 3.0L upgrade with a S/C or turbo would be the fastest Cougar you can get short of a RWD conversion and a V8.

PM CougarBoi,

He just got 3.0 / PnP SVT Heads & Cams / Fidanza / Centerforce / custom chip done somewhere either in Mass or CT... said after everything + install it was like $3K

his **** is quick

For those that got the subscription to Speed Style & Sound check out pages 52 - 53. The ultimate motor swap. If a 4.6 or a 5.0 V-8 will fit in a focus then they can put in our cars too. For those with that didn't check out ATIMOTORSPORTS they are the ones that are doing the conversions. How about a 500 HP Cougar...6 speed tranny...with a supercharged V8 from a 2003 Cobra....set it off with a nice dual exhaust...really nice sleeper....If I remember right the cheaper install is around 15,000, and takes 2 months. Check out the site. If I can save money...between 2 student loans, car payment, and insurance...I would love to do this...

The engine bay in the Focus is bigger than the Cougar, which made it easier to fit the larger 4.6L supercharged SVT Cobra engine in there...

2002redXR: I am in the DC area, and have done my 3.0L hybrid swap. It'll run about $5000-7000 or so with parts and labor if you go full tilt and can't do the labor yourself (see my setup, below for specs). If you just do a straight 3L conversion, it'll cost you the engine itself (go to car-part.com and look for a 99+ 3.0L 24V Taurus/Escape motor), a few gaskets and seals, and labor. I quote about 24 hours of labor for an engine swap. PM me if interested.

Originally posted by: Neil
PM CougarBoi,

He just got 3.0 / PnP SVT Heads & Cams / Fidanza / Centerforce / custom chip done somewhere either in Mass or CT... said after everything + install it was like $3K

his **** is quick
I had my engine done and installed in IA, yeah and it was much more than 3k

Kinger- the drive was long but worth it :)

21 - 32 of 32 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.