New Cougar Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK....I had to take my shifter off to finish putting my dash on. I had a really hard time pulling it off even after I removed the little screw thingy on the side. I pulled and pulled then it came off kinda half way...then i pulled and pulled and pulled some more then BAM!! It cam flying off but there was a green and black wire hanging from the shifter and a green a black wire coming out of where the shifter goes in. I know I didnt break the wire b/c the ends were cut even and it was even stripped a little on both ends. And I saw where they were right when it popped off and they werent even on the same side and its impossible that I could break a wire a apart. I cant even open a soda bottle. So obviously these wires were not connected. What the hell do I do now, I have no OD...well OD is stuck on. And I am using a metal rod for a shifter. Theres no way to get into the shifter to fix it so do I have to go to the dealer?? Or maybe theres a possiblity that I can just relocate the OD switch, that might be easier and cheaper. Anyone have this hapen before or know what I can do? I need help ASAP because I have my first car show this Sunday and they frown upon cars with no shifters

~~Thanks

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I feel for ya! with the show coming up and all. But if you bought an MTX this never would have happened! Sorry I'm not helping in your time of need am I? Good luck

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I already tried splicing them...no go =( I was gonna get an aftermarket shifter anyway and relocate the OD button, so I guess I am just gonna do that rather than go to the dealer and have them charge me 2 arms and 3 legs to fix it. Everything I have done to my Cougar so far has been a obstacle. I still cant get my stereo out, Oh well. I guess with such a good looking car, I'm gonna have to suffer a little =) And thanks

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.