New Cougar Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I've had my Cougar for 2 1/2 years and never once have I gotten good service at ANY of the dealerships, Ford or Mercury. Becuase of this My cougar WILL be the last car produced by the Ford motor company to be purchased with my checkbook.

just my 2 cents

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yup, love the car, dislike Ford/Mercury
Probably buy a Subaru, Honda, Toyota, or Nissan after this. When I had my Isuzu, the Toyota/Isuzu dealership always gave me awesome service.

·
T3/T4 60-1
8,015 Posts
try to find an SVT dealership in your area.... you may be surprised at how they cater to modified vehicles... in order to receive SVT selling status they must prove that the salesman, and service techs are all keen to performance and hot cars...

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
i don't know if any of you guys are in cali, but there are about 10 ford, LM dealerships within a 10 sq mile radius of me, and they are all great places, people are nice, knowledgable, and very good and fast. And they all apprecieate my modified vehicle and never have warranty problems.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
So what do you suggest? Should i move to Cali? Cause down he louisiana FORD PEOPLE SUCK BIG WEENIE. I MEAN BIG ASS WEENIE. I CANT STAND THEM. Okay im getting really mad talking about this now
Im gonna go. See everyone later !!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Man i like my car but i'll never ever ever buy another car from any ford realted dealer. They never fix anything. They ALWAYS blame me for the problem. I never had any problems with i drove a firebird. I guess GM is just more customer oriented. I'm going to bring this up with the ford people at cougar fest. I dread taking my car in. I HATE being blamed for things that aren't my fault. Ford should read this message forum.

·
T3/T4 60-1
8,015 Posts
raymon.... give you a hint... GM cust service isn't much better... neither is chrysler's... the company with the best cust service is Toyota by a land slide ... honda is second the followed by all the imports... gm is 3rd last, ford 2nd last and chrysler is rock bottom...

JD Powers does a customer satisfaction survey go to their web site and search around you'll find it

·
T3/T4 60-1
8,015 Posts
yah.. but i doubt it had anything to do with your engineering
<j/k>

G

·
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
PuckPuck is right.. I have dealt with about 4 Ford dealerships.. and the place I bought my cougar is actually split owned.. They have two L/M dealerships and 1 Ford.. However.. they are an SVT dealer.. When I go in, they know me by name (all the service people as well as the owner and a few sales people).. They ask what the next mod is, they ask if something is wrong so they can fix it right away, SVT dealerships have a level of quality far beyond other dealerships.. they WILL take care of you.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
OK then... Anyone care to list the SVT dealerships in the detroit area? Maybe more specifially, how about the western suburb area.

·
T3/T4 60-1
8,015 Posts
go to www.ford.com... look for the dealer locator link... in the criteria specify SVT Certified... done

G

·
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
There is a SVT certified dealer near me, and they refust to work on my car, because its a Cougar and the don't have any certified technicians (I'm quoting the service guy)

This is probably the last FLM product I buy, the service has been horrible.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
well, to of course throw in my 2 cents, Cadillac and Jaguar are the #1 car manufacturers in sales satisfaction according to JD POWER AND ASSOCIATES.

JD POWER SURVEY

and last time i checked Cadillac is GM and Jaguar os FORD.

PS. The Dodge Dakota was listed also as the best build quality light duty truck and last time i checked that was CHRYSLER.

·
T3/T4 60-1
8,015 Posts
that is true but the company as a whole Ford, GM, Chrysler are all at the bottom of the survey, of course they may have a vehicle or division outshine... the Chrylser full size van at one point in time (a few years ago) was one of the highest quality vehicles, but becaues it only sells like 30000 units a year it dosen't add much value to Chrysler's overall score, but as a single vehicle will outshine all others.... so when you take into consideration volume you'll see what i mean....

so take that JD Power survey, which is broken down into company divisions, group and summarize all divisions under their parent of same management (Chrylser owns Plymouth, Dodge; GM owns Chevrolet, Pontiac, Olds, Buick; Ford owns lincoln, mercury) and you'll see how they rank....

to add to this the prelims for this year's survey are out and Ford has slipped even more while GM and Chrysler have gone up (according to Mr. Nasser at least - i haven't seen the numbers but he fore warned us in email)

Then again alot of this stuff is just manipulating numbers and stats which can be done to mean many things, however it is a growing concern here at Ford management that their customer satisfaction scores are horrible.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
and i agree with that, numbers can be manipulated to prove anything. But i believe its unfair to lump together the likes of a cadillac dealer with the likes of a pontiac or chevy dealer. my father has a new STS and the service is UNBELIEVEABLE! They give him a STS as a loaner, free regular service for the life of the car, just all kinds of things you wouldn't believe. Free Golf passes for a very exclusive club here in so. cali. the same with the Volvo or the Jaguar dealer, it's unfair to compare them to a run of the mill ford dealer. know what i mean??

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.