New Cougar Forum banner

21 - 30 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
Yes insulators jnstalled but i thought as long as the upper mounts are in, you dont have to support the engine.
Also im not sure if the blue bolts are installed in the front, what ford specifically noted.

Car is thursday getting its annual obligated inspection, so i could ask if it is maybe possible to swap those nuts and check my bolts in the subframe.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
Ok update.

Now i probably broke my engine(block). Gotta love it.

Think it was indeed a rod knock or spun crankshaft bearing.

Any engine revision/swaps tips for me?
Someone knows where to get new engine parts?

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
Ok update.

I found oil in my intake mixed with small pieces of metal.
Upperintake was soaked in oil.

LH valve cover removed.
20210426_171130.jpg

Its not that bad, right?

Want to check RH side soon.

·
Administrator
11,594 Posts
Any metal in the oil isn't good because that means the filter and pickup screen isn't catching it and now your exfoliating your engine internals with it.

I gotta ask, man. What's your level of mechanical knowledge? It seems like every post you've made is further destroying your car. If you raced your buddy with a spun bearing and now have oil where there shouldn't be oil then that engine is done. With the body trashed, the airbags deployed and the interior in the shape it is you could literally buy another Cougar and come out ahead before putting a dime back in this.

·
Premium Member
3,749 Posts
Any metal in the oil isn't good because that means the filter and pickup screen isn't catching it and now your exfoliating your engine internals with it.

I gotta ask, man. What's your level of mechanical knowledge? It seems like every post you've made is further destroying your car. If you raced your buddy with a spun bearing and now have oil where there shouldn't be oil then that engine is done. With the body trashed, the airbags deployed and the interior in the shape it is you could literally buy another Cougar and come out ahead before putting a dime back in this.
This isn't the street racer. This is the guy that just replaced his transmission.

·
Premium Member
3,749 Posts
The crank bearings are our most common bearing failure. You shouldn't find anything in the heads as long as the filter is intact.

·
Premium Member
3,749 Posts
Is it possible the sound you're hearing is the transmission rattling on the control arm bolt?

·
Premium Member
3,749 Posts
Excessive oil in the intake is a PCV problem.

·
Registered
2,625 Posts
21 - 30 of 30 Posts