New Cougar Forum banner

1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
3,309 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i think it's time i, 'gulp', get rid of the cougar...... :cry:

but due to my over abundance of problems i've had with this car i feel i'd better get out of it before i get in knee deep. at this current point i'm too afraid to pour any more money into mods as i fear that the car just won't make it. i'm going up to the local dealerships for the next few days to check things out and see what they all have to offer. i have already done some preliminary browsing and have found a few vehicles that i liked. the first one that really popped into my eyes was a white cobra, but i have already decided that due to my financial figures i could afford it, but nothing else (i'm poor). i eyeballed a mitsubishi evo as well, but that dealership really doesn't wanna work with me, so i've ruled it out. so it looks like i may end up checking into either a celica, eclipse, civic si, tiburon, or maybe a mustang gt. i think i kinda want to stay in the ballpark range of around 15,000 for a vehicle because i will be trading in the cougar and that should bring the price to around 10k and that will leave me with enough money to mod the heck out of it. so my question to you guys is this, what kinda car can you suggest? please keep in consideration the aftermarket for the car as well, i want to be able to have a vast variety of parts available for cheap, as opposed to the cougar.

·
Rockin' Mom-mobile
8,010 Posts
are you going to part anything out on your car before you trade it in?

·
Registered
3,309 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Originally posted by: MetallicaCougs
are you going to part anything out on your car before you trade it in?
of course:tongue:

but before you guys start scalvaging my car, let me see what happens at the dealers today.

·
Rockin' Mom-mobile
8,010 Posts
:rofl: i didn't mean to scavenge so soon. i was just thinking you would do better then trading your car in with everything on it.

I hope you keep it tho :)

·
Registered
2,274 Posts
if you do take it down first, i'd be interested in the Air setup

EDIT: btw, go after a 2003 Tibby 6spd, you can get em worth the money and can be in the low 14's in no time :-D

·
Registered
650 Posts
Sorry to hear the news Randy......I may also be in the market for somehing new, but not for at least another year or so. In my opinion, go with the Celica or Civic Si. They will be easy to mod and history definately shows that they will hold there value way better than the others. Good luck though.

(Cough, cough...Pillar Pod?)

·
Registered
3,309 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
well, here's how it all went. first stop of the day ended me up at the local toyotal dealership....... again :biggrin: looked at a few eclipses and there was 2 celica's. the salesman, who knew us, was willing to make a deal for us. so after a lot of crap of waiting and waiting he comes to me and tells me about a red celica gt they had in stock. he immediately shot down the price 3000 bucks and is gonna try to get her down a bit more for me overnight here. only problem is that it's an atx, but that's all they had in stock, but that's actually fine with me, keeps me from racing :tongue:. so after all the festivals at toyota i scampered over to the ford dealership and to my amazement there sat a focus svt:bowdown: it has every option you can get on them, and it's black woooooooo! they had 21,000 marked on the car, but they got 3000 cash back or 0% financing right now and since i'm a repeat customer, they said they'd sell it to me for invoice price (which should be around 17,000). and i don't know if you guys know or not, but it's a 170 hp beast with a 6 speed mtx. we left there and went to some other places but the only things i found at the other lots were a new miata (white) and the 5 door mazda 3 (yeah...... it's a wagon :rofl: ). so tomorrow at work is sure to be a long day indeed as i sit and ponder about what i'm to do. any way i go, i'm sure i'll come out good in the long run. and i won't leave neco, so don't worry, i'm a die hard member :biggrin:.

oh, and casey, the stupid hyundai dealership wouldn't even talk to me about the tibby, so i just kindly laughed and left, so no 6 speed tibby for me :(

oh again, the toyota dealership said they'd be willing to give me more for the aftermarket pieces on the car still. they even wanted me to put the video system back in it for even more money :) i'm gonna kindly tell them nah. expect to see some extra parts on here for sale in the next few days.

·
Registered
43 Posts
I'm also intrested in the air-setup. I'm local so no shipping will be needed.

·
Registered
3,309 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
if i get a new car today i will have these parts for sale definately (there's probably more, i just can't think of them).

air ride setup
titan cai
clear sidemarkers w/white backing
2 lcd monitors in visors (not factory visor)
99 oem front

prices are not definate since my deal is not finalized, but you will know tonight ;)

·
Registered
3,309 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
actually i have an extra set of sidemarkers so if you want a set, they're yours. give me a twenty dollar bill for them at the next meet :)

·
Registered
3,309 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
the deal is still not finalized so i'm still uncertain about the rest of the parts.

here's my opinion of the svt focus: AWESOME!! all 6 gears leave you drooling as you shift. the looks are amazing, all my guy friends were in love with it, but all the girls told me "the cougar is prettier" lol. but i also think the guys really don't care about the looks but about the performance, and they all know that they perform well. i'm still contemplating on whether i'm gonna get this car or if i want to get an srt-4 neon. i had originally really wanted a srt-4, but i couldn't locate one to save my life, but tonight i did finally find one, but it's in poplar bluff, which is a good drive for me to do just to look at a car, but i feel it's worth my time. but for tonight, i'm still a cougar owner :)

·
is a pop sensation
13,668 Posts
Holy crap ladz is still around!!!! And he got a '51 Merc, very :cool:

Sorry to hear your getting rid of the Coug, Randy.

·
Registered
404 Posts
yeah...im still around.

life has -- how should i say it -- been ****TY lately.

fiancee left me, got booted outta my house, had 2 of my best friends die, been sleepin in my car or playin musical couches...

yeah. it sucks.

the merc. is out in california right now with a buddy of mine. no point in having it here in the cold weather...

lAdZ

·
Registered
3,309 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Originally posted by: ladz
im sure youre gonna give gateway first dibs on everything right? :wink;

lAdZ
yep! whatcha want. i'm gutting the car :biggrin: goto http://rista.cougardb.com and tell me what you'd like. keep in mind, if you are interested in something i must have the money within a month to help cover costs of taxes on the new car

·
Registered
3,309 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
a good thing happened today. mitsubishi dealership called me and told me they got an evolution on the way in the next couple days. it's used (2500 miles lol) so he said he would probably only charge me at most 25,000. so i've put the car buying on hold for a couple days until i get a chance to check the evolution out. all i know is that it's white and has 2500 miles. so i'm definately hoping they can come through for me. wish me luck.... again.

1 - 20 of 52 Posts