New Cougar Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
410 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
when i drive normal im fine, but when i decide to speed or go down the races my car starts to smell like a rotten egg inside, what the hell is that smell?, anybody have a similar problem?

·
Registered
3,104 Posts
and have the same problem, i thought it was my clutch but i thought i was shifting fine. will i high aior flow cat help?? i have intake and dual exhaust am i giving it too much to handle

·
Premium Member
1,312 Posts
watch out... i replaced my main cat with a used(but good) stock cat. smell went away for about a week then started coming back. most likely i'm running rich and f'ing up the cat. just something to check also before possibly going through another cat.

·
Registered
2,944 Posts
I have that smell all the time, it sucks. hmm But maybe I could use this excuse to get a hiflow y-pipe! ughh...But I hate using my parents ;-)

·
Registered
2,539 Posts
Vodfan has my stock cat with about 35k on it. Ive been running a Brullen Y w/ hi flo cat and it stinks too when I get on it, Ive read somewhere its the transition from lean to rich (nice to naughy) that produces the smell. Either that or if it IS a bad cat, my precats must be toast.

·
Registered
145 Posts
Mine used to do that before i got a jet chip.... But anyway, waht's a good hi flow cat? i wanan get one anyway, and can use this excuse to my parents, just like someone else said! :-d

·
Registered
1,586 Posts
ohhhhHHHHhhhhh :( :( :( :( :(

I smell the eggs too from time to time, that means I'm in the same boat. I was just thinking it was an @**-**** friend who left me a present on his way out of my car ;)

Oh well, guess I will have to get that checked out at some point. I thought it might have just been time to switch the air filter for the cabin air, but I guess it's not that. AH well,

-Pat- -ReToM7-

1 - 10 of 10 Posts