New Cougar Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,362 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
could some one point me to a how to on removing front door panels a well explained one cause i am not to hot on interior stuff i want to put six by nines in my doors?

·
Registered
3,309 Posts
you will have to modify the door to get the 6x9"s in there. the factory holes are 5x7

·
Registered
1,362 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
i thought they went in and you just need to make new mount holes? do i need to enlarge the holes then i dont really want to start cutting my doors up!! does anyone have a DETAILED how to or could explain it to me in full please?

·
Registered
3,309 Posts
the hole will have to be bigger in order for the speaker to fit. just take some sort of saw and cut it out so it's big enough to fit the 6x9 in and then drill your new holes. i personally would just go buy a set of 5x7"s as it would be much easier.

·
Registered
4,861 Posts
Just get a set of 5x7 or 6x8s and be done with it, if you don't want to modify your door. Be aware that if you have tints, make sure the window is rolled down before you start, or you could damage the bottom of the tint.

·
Registered
3,470 Posts
yeah you will have to cut it....I agree with blkcat, just get some that fit and save yourself the headaches!!!!! :banghead:

·
Registered
3,470 Posts
Originally posted by: JScullin
I have 6x9's in mine with out any cutting. Just drilled new holes.
hmmm....what did ya do to get those to fit? (what holes were drilled)

·
Registered
121 Posts
You DON'T need to adapt anything!

New holes drilled for the self tappers and you're away

I'll show ya at Interford if you're there Madmale.

Stu.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.