New Cougar Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
404 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was coming home from work last night and noticed a BIG car shooting through traffic. When I got close to the left turn I make off Lumbard st towards 295 south. The car had caught up to me and cut me off at the last minute. I didn't really think much of it cause I saw an old man driving. I turned the corner and got into the left lane next to the guy and when the light turned green he took off. I figured I'd follow behind him and let him catch any cops that might be up ahead. We were going pretty fast but nothing reckless. As we started going over the bridge by Raven's stadium (I refuse to call it M&T stadium) he slowed down, got next to me and floored it. I was like OK I wasn't gonna race him, but I'm not gonna look like a [censored] either. So I caught back up to him. At the light there were people in the two left lanes so I got in behind him in the far right lane. When the light turned green he took off with me close behind. He swithed into the middle lane and by the next light everyone else was way behind. When that light changed we both took off. At first he got ahead of me, I guess it was his higher torque. By the time I shifted to third I was passing him. When I got into fourth I slowed down cause a slight curve was coming up. He just flew by me, but realized why I'd slowed down as he saw the curve. I didn't look to see how fast I was going cause I was laughing so much. I just can't believe an old man in a Caddy wanted to race. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
2,944 Posts
Those Caddys look mean when they drive fast.

·
Registered
1,586 Posts
auto caddies give out the LOUDEST 2nd gear chirp I have ever heard. Their real weak point, aside from the weight of being a luxury car, is that their trannies junk easily. You can't drive it like a race car, unless you have a lot of $ to shell out.

-Pat- -ReToM7-

1 - 4 of 4 Posts