New Cougar Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok i have a check engine light on the codes were thrown sys to lean bank1,2 so ive replaced the following upper and lower intake gaskets all new 02 sen the garage hooked it up to a smoke machine and found a small leak in a vac hose replaced it then they told me my maf is bad so i replaced it with a oem one so what else can it be someone please help im getting ready to drive the car off a damn cliff any advice would really be appreciated thank-you

·
Administrator
1999 3.0 SilFro
25,008 Posts
Throttle body gasket. EGR gasket. PCV valve.

I'd say they snowed you about that MAF.

·
Administrator
1999 3.0 SilFro
25,008 Posts
Originally posted by: rkooger
where is the egr gasket im not to engine smart
The EGR valve is a saucer-shaped gizmo about 3 inches across. It bolts onto the UIM on the back corner, near the firewall, just aft of the throttle body. There is a green vacuum tube plugged into the top of it, and a steel hose going out of the bottom of it. A pair of 10mm bolts hold it in place. The gasket is about 2 dollars.

·
Registered
74 Posts
THis might be a stupid question, but did they reset your ecu? If not, try unhooking your battery for approx 11-15 minutes and then rehooking it. If you changed all this out without resetting the ecu, you'll still show a code, it's running codes stored in memory.

·
Premium Member
16,842 Posts
Originally posted by: ElNino
THis might be a stupid question, but did they reset your ecu? If not, try unhooking your battery for approx 11-15 minutes and then rehooking it. If you changed all this out without resetting the ecu, you'll still show a code, it's running codes stored in memory.
Just to add to that..unhooking your battery will not clear the code from memory. It will reset your cel unless you use a code reader.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Ah, okay. I was going off what I know best; EEC-IV, my bad. I guess I need to get mine reset too then.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.