New Cougar Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
2,470 Posts
HomeDepot...(it's called "stucco mesh" at my local store) buy it there for like $3.00 for a 3'x6' piece...it's cheap and looks great...holds up really well over time too (mine has been in for going on two years)!
~CIII

·
Registered
3,309 Posts
another option is to goto a machine shop. the mesh i got has a really nice pattern and it's very strong and it didn't cost much at all. be sure to tell them you don't want the steel mesh though.

·
T3/T4 60-1
8,015 Posts
although the chicken wire/stucko mesh works great... it also looks very cheap compared to the mesh linked, or similar meshes you can buy made specificaly for a car grille. I went out and spent a few more dollars and am very pleased with the results.... it looks 10X better...

also if you paint something on the front of you car... unless you powdercoat it on, it'll chip and look like crap after a few runs down the highway....

·
w00t!
15,782 Posts
yeah and you can tell...
look how chopped up the bottom grill is along the bottom of the bumper :cover:

i'm with Puck - spend the extra few bucks and get the good stuff :)

·
Registered
6,301 Posts
Originally posted by: St8LyRaVn
well excuse me nd4spd...i have fixed that since then and all u seem to have is rude smartazz things to say..... I personally think that u just post stuff on here to run up ur number of post...i have yet to read anything usefull u have said...so just FYI....if ur just gonna bad mouth folks keep it to urself
Do you really think after 3000 post ND4SP gives a flying fart about uping his # of post. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
1,510 Posts
Originally posted by: St8LyRaVn
well excuse me nd4spd...i have fixed that since then and all u seem to have is rude smartazz things to say..... I personally think that u just post stuff on here to run up ur number of post...i have yet to read anything usefull u have said...so just FYI....if ur just gonna bad mouth folks keep it to urself
:loser: Matt's the man, so shut up!

·
w00t!
15,782 Posts
:rofl:
riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight :rolleyes:
well, for my next 'rude smartass comment, i will say:
"i'm pretty sure my left nut has contributed more to this forum and its members than you have thus far St8LyRaVn"

but in my defense for that last post, i didn't say it in a threatening or insulting way, so i'm sorry you took it SO personally.
also - if you post a picture of your car... its open-season to all comments, good or bad, so you better learn to take both positive and negative criticism. - i'm glad you have since fixed your grill, but hey, if you don't MENTION that in your first post, how am i suppose to know?...honestly.

and thank ye Daniel and Jason. :)

·
Registered
1,510 Posts
Originally posted by: ND4SPD
:rofl:
riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight :rolleyes:
well, for my next 'rude smartass comment, i will say:
"i'm pretty sure my left nut has contributed more to this forum and its members than you have thus far St8LyRaVn"

but in my defense for that last post, i didn't say it in a threatening or insulting way, so i'm sorry you took it SO personally.
also - if you post a picture of your car... its open-season to all comments, good or bad, so you better learn to take both positive and negative criticism. - i'm glad you have since fixed your grill, but hey, if you don't MENTION that in your first post, how am i suppose to know?...honestly.
:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

·
T3/T4 60-1
8,015 Posts
+1

(i feel so violated now for whoring myself for the first time ever)

G

·
well for what its worth...im sorry... but i get soo tired of people asking questions and theres always the DA that wants to show is skill by telling someone to click the search button or some other lame ass answer besides actually trying to help them out with a resonable answer...after all the forum is here for peeps to help not show there azz

·
Registered
3,309 Posts
here's a pic of the mesh i was talking about.

Attachments

·
Registered
302 Posts
I gave in and bought some of that stucco mesh at Home depot, it is just as pictured above. My biggest problem with working with it is it being so sharp, my hands are cut all over, the stuff I posted earlyer is not nearly as bad. I have finished the upper grill and it looks great, I did half somewat of the lower but I am going to do a custom job based on an idea I had. My new lower grill will be a secret project untill done, expect the reveal end of January.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.