New Cougar Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,264 Posts
If you do a search you will find infinate information on this. Basically if you're putting in a stock replacement then you need to access the fuel tank by removing the rear seats and finding the access panel. Open it up, and it's just a direct replacement. Not that difficult. If you want to put in a better pump that won't die again, then you want to go with the Walbro, there are a couple different models out there that vary in lbs. This requires a little modification to get the pump to fit. Just do a search for fuel pump, you should be able to find how-to's, part numbers, places to buy, etc.

·
Registered
5,817 Posts
As far as I can see, and have been told, you can not remove the fuel pump through the access hole under the rear seats. The hole in the body does not line directly up with the fuel pump, so you need to drop the tank. Unless you make that hole bigger of course.

·
Registered
1,264 Posts
I thought if you were doing a stock replacement you could drop it through that hole, but if you want to use a Walbro you have to make the hole bigger. I could be wrong, Fett is probably right, he's always right!!!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.