New Cougar Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
12,347 Posts
if you are going to be doing any type of sanding you will need a larger tank than 6 gallons, unless of course you want the compressor to be kicking on every minute.

also match the cfm ratings of the sander to the compressor. this step is not really that important with sanders, but it is more important if you are going to be using impact wrenches, or air powered ratchets.

also are the compressors you are looking at belt driven or direct drive? oil lubricated or oil free? take a peak at sears.com and look at some craftsman compressors<--shameless plug, i know.

any other questions?

·
Premium Member
12,347 Posts
haha pancake compressors are so cute looking. they are so dinky compared to the big 40 gallon we have in my store.

something around a 30 gallon would work wonders for you.like this craftsman model.

the only downside to that compressor is that it is direct drive and wont last as long as a belt driven one. and it is also oil free and it is quite the loud little sob!

·
Premium Member
12,347 Posts
oh [censored], i would make almost 20 bucks off that compressor if i sold it to you.
oil-check
belt driven-check
good size/output-check
all around bad ass-check
if you've got the money i say go for it man!

for the sander anything under a 10 cfm rating would work well.

·
Premium Member
12,347 Posts
forgot one thing, unless you garage is wired for 220 you arent going to be able to run that compressor. you'll need to find a compressor that is rated at 120 for a regular 110 outlet.

i dont know to much about the da sanders, maybe someone else with experience with body work will chime in..

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.