New Cougar Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have a sony xplod deck that is 52x4 watts, and a 600 watt amp and two 12's that i've bought but havent hooked up yet....i need advice on what type of wiring i should get and how long, and where do i hide the wires and everything about it. i dont have experience with this stuff...could someone please help.

·
Registered
1,639 Posts
eric (mxploklick) lives near you.....he's good with wiring....i'm also near you but i suck with electronics....should try comin out to a meet sometime

·
Registered
1,888 Posts
battery relocation

i did a battery relocation recently and 1/0ga cable was pulled thru the firewall to the inside and run under the carpet to the trunk. while that is really not needed for a stereo, i did it due to the fact i put my battery in the trunk and i will someday get a bigger sound system. maybe if you want, we can have a meet and do this someday. there a plenty of people that have had experience in taking the interior apart and running audio cables.

·
Registered
217 Posts
I do all my own wiring. Been doing it since I was 15. Be prepared to spend about 50-70 bucks for all the parts and pieces you will need.

Remote wire (Head unit back)
Positive wire (batt to back or wherever the amp is)
Negative wire(Considerably shorter, just to the body from amp)
Fuse
Fuse holder
RCA Cables (17 foot or so -from head unit to amp)
Decent amount of speaker wire (enough to go from amp to speakers)
zip ties
rubber grommet to put in whole in firewall the positive wire will run through.

And the number one thing to have is the beer for me if I help you hook it up. lol

OR...

You could just take it to cirucit city or somewhere similar. Cost more but the guys are supposed to be certified technicians.

·
Registered
284 Posts
DUDE!!!! WTF!!! i see you every tuesday and thursday at school and i am great with hooking up systems y have you not asked me!!!!! i did my amp hookup in like 15 mins. lol i will call you man in case you dont see this first.

·
Registered
134 Posts
It's real easy if you haven't done it yet there is a rubber gromet by the brake booster that you can move out a little that way you don't have to drill a hole in the firewall if you don't want to. I did my whole stereo in my cougar so it's easy and runnin the wires is no problem. :cool:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts