New Cougar Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
723 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, I need a winter car. I can buy a 1996 Chevy Blazer with 100K for $3,500.00. Its in good condition asthetically and my mechanic gave it an overhaul and he thinks functionally its sound. I did some research online, and this looks like a pretty sweet deal. The 4WD works great - and the only one problem I found is the drivers side mirror switch seems to be bad.

Your thoughts?

·
So its begun.....
16,842 Posts
DON"T do it!! That mirror is especially important for seeing smaller cars coming up your rear! :biggrin:

j/k. Sounds like a good deal. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
2,333 Posts
good deal...I work at an autozone and have yet to see/hear a customer with one complain about huge repair bills

·
Premium Member
8,300 Posts
I test drove a 96 Blazer ... nice 4.3L engine in there. I ended up getting a 96 Explorere sport instead, but I had the Blazer for a weekend in Virginia Beach and wouldn't you know it, it snowed. I dogged the **** out of that thing. Drove through snow covered mud pits 18" deep ... seriously hope you don't get the one I test drove :)

I would do it ... $3,500 for 4x4 is a great deal. Enjoy!

·
Registered
506 Posts
The one car that i owned that had the least problems was my blazer. You may need to do some maitenence to it, but they are built strong. And mine had about 150k on it when I sold it.

·
T3/T4 60-1
8,015 Posts
did they still have the good ol cast iron chevy small blocks in the 96 blazers....

if so....

DO IT!!!

·
Registered
4,342 Posts
Just as long as it's not the 2.8L :puke:

:thumbsdn:

I had to replace one of those for a friend- Engine has about as much power as a Civic HX.

·
is a pop sensation
13,676 Posts
Originally posted by: PuckPuck
did they still have the good ol cast iron chevy small blocks in the 96 blazers....

if so....

DO IT!!!
Yup, the 4.3L (350 minus 2 cylinders) was the only engine offered in '96.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.