New Cougar Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
388 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need a shoulder to cry on

I had the car in the shop for a repair that a friend did. He accidently backed into the front fender. I went yesterday to pick up the car and it wasn't read. A new seal for the window was suppose to come into this morning. This morning around 830 I get a call from a officer saying that my car had been broken into. The front fence was rammed but did not bust open. They stole a crown vic with 24in spinners out of the body bay. They pryed the back door open and then stole the tools out of the mechcanics tool box to pry my car apart. Evidently the doors to my car were unlocked and the key was above the sunvisor. The keys to the crown vic were in the ignition. Its a weird situation. If its an inside job why not just steal the cougar too! I disabled the trunk hatch up front just for this reason. I have taillight covers on, so the key doesn't open the hatch. I took the FOB-keyless entry- with me. How in the hell did they know it was there. The best part, I got to produce receipts. I got most of them already. Does anyone know how it works on wires, connectors, y splits and line drivers? Basically all the misc that puts it together.

This is what I had Clicky here

This is what I got left with

The death sheet

Would this short out the electrical system by chance? Would it cause problems in the pats system or problems in the future?

They even took the shelf in the back, a broken one at that ...retards

·
Administrator
15,607 Posts
Wow..I'm really, really sorry for you. I feel your pain - I had a stereo stolen as well.

It almost sounds like something was kinda fishy there, doesn't it?

·
Registered
9,290 Posts
Not necessarily.. i've heard of inside jobs like that, but i wouldn't think so necessarily in this case. Once they ripped out your headunit.. they say pretty rca cables, which only means a system (typically in the trunk eh?).. so they went for that as well.

Hope everything works out for you.. that's so sad.

·
Registered
2,682 Posts
looks like that plan of disabling the truck latch backfired :( if it was working i dont think youd have that massive ammount of damage done. This is why i HATE shops and some of the stuff they do... i will never understand why they leave cars unlock with the keys inside ?!?!?! thats something i would never do.. im so sorry for your losts, and thats some costly repair you have... i hope the bodyshop can do something for you. makes me wanna cry:cry:

·
Registered
334 Posts
Kill them

·
Registered
6,114 Posts
sorry to hear man...hopefully the insurance will come through for you

·
Registered
2,637 Posts
no fingerprings anywhere? that does suck though. sorry dude

·
Registered
2,112 Posts
reason number 462 why I dont have a system or head unit in my car.

I would think it would standard proceedure for a shop to leave the keys in a car. If they loose the keys or cant find them then they cant work on the car.

Its a little supid, you would think they would be a little more organized and lock them up during the night or weekend.

Its more than likely that who ever stole your stereo stuff lives rather close to the shop.

·
Registered
388 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
The Crime Scene Unit did dust for finger prints but I haven't heard anything yet. The Mgr. of Fact O Bake said the insurance should cover everything. My insurance company said if they don't, my insurance will and then go after their insurance.

What's real fishy is, I was suppose to pick the car up the same day it happened. I'll post more when I find out whats going to happen.

·
Buyer Beware
6,575 Posts
For the amount of damage they caused it doesnt seem like an inside job. Pretty looks like a bunch of noobie crimials did it considering they simply cut all the wires..including all the ones which Unplug!

That hatch is pretty terrible though. OUCH!

I am sure you'll get taken care of through. Be sure to let us know how it all turns out.

·
Registered
2,274 Posts
Originally posted by: KnappstamaN
i see the pics... but what were you having done to your cougar? in that one pic i dont see skirts or a rear bumper....?
dont know what you were looking at but all pics that could show a bumper, show one, and it doesnt appear the car ever had side skirts

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.