New Cougar Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
472 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
im gonna be doing this myself once the bumper arrives, i just need some input on how thie install goes. i might need some help on taking the stock 99 bumper off too. if anyone can give me some instructions or possibly even some false encouragement and tell me its easy and that it should be no problem:banana: thanx in advance for any help that anyone can give me

·
Registered
3,309 Posts
i done my dragon z and it was pretty damn easy and i heard that drift bumper was easier than the dragon z. so it shouldn't pose too big of a problem for ya

·
Registered
52 Posts
Ok, I put on my drift kit and it is simple, not hard at all. Ok, in the fender well where the fenders meet the bumper there are two screws on each side.(thats the passenger and the drivers side) So take the fender wells out and you should see them where the bumper meets the fenders. Then it is held on buy i think four plastic plugs across the front right where the hood latches. Just pull those out. Then all the stuff under the car that is attached to the bottom of the bumper, take it off. The bumper should then just pull off. Now, you have to take off the 5 mph bumper which is like the big white plastic piece, that has to come off for the drift bumper to fit. You will need a friend to help you hold the drift up to the car where it fits perfect and you will need to mark where to drill the holes for the bolts.(<----in the fender wells where you took them out from)Mark the holes (make sure its perfect) then take the bumper back and and drill them out. Put bumper back up to car and put in bolts. Now when you take the bolts out the first time from the stock bumper there will be a metal plate with them so make sure you put it back on with the drift bumper. Then throw you some pop rivets in the top where to plastic plugs were they should be covered up by your grill. After the bumper is installed I personally put 4 iron braces under my car attached to the kit to give it support. I HIGHLY recommend you do this. Don't want your fiberglass to crack or break.

Putting this bumper on is simple and i had my front on in about 2 hours if that. Just get some of your friends to help you or like your dad or something and everything will go fine. Trust me this is an easy install. Now if you are getting the sides to go with it thats a different story. :biggrin:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.