New Cougar Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
2,944 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Whenever I lock my doors with the remote, my lights flashed. I was sitting in my car with the door open so it was making that beeping noise alerting me that the door was open, so i was pushing the little door sensor in and out about 7 times until the 8th time i pressed it, my lights flashed and a beep that wasnt the horn tooted. now whenever I lock my car, it beeps and flashes!!! and when I unlock it, the lights flash twice and it beeps twice! I am so happy. Please don't flame me if this is already something obvious

·
Registered
2,944 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Agh, it doesn't do it any more. Could somebody explain what exactally this is?

·
Registered
674 Posts
it also beeps at you if you push down on that one bumper thing under your hood......thanks to bennett9k. I dunno why it does it, something having to do with the factory alarm.

·
Premium Member
5,052 Posts
Its a Diagnostic Mode you put the Alarm into...
I'm not sure how it functions other than getting it into the mode.
Then it beeps once a minute or something like that..

a fun trick is to get a bunch of cougars together.. do this
..(push the door plunger or hood thing)
then click your keyless entry button...

·
Registered
2,944 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
is there a way that I can always have my car beep when I lock it?

·
Registered
2,944 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
when i push my lock button twice, it doesn't make it beep

And I do have the alarm

·
Registered
674 Posts
a real alarm being an aftermarket alarm. I personally love mine....they are a total ***** to install though.

·
Registered
2,944 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Yeah I know about aftermarket alarms. I was just stating that I had the stock alarm.

·
Premium Member
5,052 Posts
I believe all cougars came with keyless entry, some of the ones that came with the alarm,
some flash the lights when you lock it, and on the second lock will make the horn beep.
some didn't beep from the factory.

·
Registered
1,464 Posts
mine has always "beeped" when i hit the lock button a 2nd time (or if it is already locked). i like that in case i am too far away to tell if they locked when i hit the button. so i hit it until i hear the "beep"

shouldnt this be in "general info" ?

·
Registered
587 Posts
The diagnostic mode is great. If the alarm (or the beeping) is not activting (the manual says the lights will flash if the alarm is set correctly when you lock the doors with the remote) use the diagnostic mode and then go around to the hood, the doors, and the trunk to make sure each of them "beep" when you open them. when I hit a deer, the lights wouldn't flash when i locked the car and the alarm wouldn't beep on the second lock. Then I noticed the hood was too dented in to keep the little rubber sensor thing depressed. I pushed in down and locked it and the lights flashed.

You may have a bad semsor os something.

·
Premium Member
2,810 Posts
Under the hood of the car, there's a little button on the front pass. side .. if you hit it several times, the car beeps when you press it.. I believe it works the same way with the door button, except this buttom is for the hood..

Now.. you can take ANY cougar keyless remote and make the car beep!! I'd do this to every cougar at a meet, and use my remote to make them all beep at once.. Fun stuff!!

·
Registered
320 Posts
I often hit the lock button on you remote fob twice, and it flashes the lights and get a one shot beep of the horn. My car was built around 11/19/99 (almost 4 years to the day ago!)

1 - 20 of 23 Posts