New Cougar Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4,861 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know this has been asked before, but there is way too much vagueness to anything I've read. I have a 2001 Cougar, ATX, V6. It was built in 5/01. Question I have, I don't have fog lights, but I want to install the factory set (with the new switch for the panel), which I've ordered from FordPartsNetwork. Question is, some people say that you can just plug in the harness to the back of the fog light, then replace the switch inside, and that's it. Others are talking about a relay, and even then that doesn't work.

Does anyone know what I'm going to run into on my car (as desc above)? I just don't want to do a ton of work only to find out I need to use a different wire kit and start all over.

·
Registered
10,831 Posts
I have a 99 and personally bought the year 2000 foglight kit from my dealer... it had everything in it that I needed... "Y" cord, headlight switch, relay and wiring... just be aware that there is a fuse on the "Y" cord and check that first if you install it and get no foglight action... and DEFINATELY make sure you get directions and a wiring diagram.... that normally comes in the kit

G

·
I did the same thing crispy did with my 2001. I tried hooking it up and putting the foglight relay in the stock wiring but it didn't work. Save the frusturation and just buy the kit and do it right the first time. Its really simple to do, if anything is hard/annoying, its adding the wires to the headlight switch which isn't really bad.

Marc

·
Registered
189 Posts
hey, well i took a look under the dash, and i cant seem to find the black 12 pin dimmer/ turnsignal switch connector... any help as to where to look for it? thanks
jason

G

·
If you have the convenience package in the 99-00 it is really simple just plug and play, but I'm not sure with the 01-02

1 - 7 of 7 Posts