New Cougar Forum banner
1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
4,409 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Not another Geico Plug... This is real Info.....

Event Organizers for CougarFest 2k4 have switched rolls for the time being to eliminate anything we can that had to deal with 2003 CougarFest. Right now the problem that has gone unresolved is T-Shirts. We know who has the shirts, we know where the shirts have to go, we just need to get the person who has the shirts to ship them to the people on the list....

As of todays by means of sources I cannot disclose for the privacy of both parties, Steve and I communicated. I simply asked him to send the items (T-Shirts) to my location will a paypal bill for the shipping fees from his location to mine. At this time, it still lies in his hands, but I feel very confident in him that he will do this based on previous dealings with him personally. At this time, if he decides to do this route, Steve has to simply find a box big enough for the shirts to fit in. The Shirts arrived to him in 4 smaller sized boxes. Once he has the item packaged up and ready to go, I expect it to take me 3 days to get it from his location. From the day it gets to my location, I am expecting it to take me 24 hours or less to research the best delivery method for the customers as well as the costs. My overall goal is that from the day I get the shirts to my location, US recipients will have their shirts within 3-4 days and Canada will have theirs within 1-2 weeks (Marked as Gift). This is a goal that I can EASILY stand behind for those who attended CF2K3 due to my shipping abilities. All US recipients will then be able to contact me directly via PM ONLY with your name and I can then provide you with an ACTUAL Tracking Number.

I hope that this will ease the tensions with the group with CougarFest and assure you that the CougarFest 2k4 Organizers are doing everything to make your CougarFest Memories for 2004 as memorable as possible.

Thanks
James

·
Registered
1,382 Posts
Thanks your the man.

·
Rockin' Mom-mobile
8,010 Posts
Thanks for trying to take care of this, hopefully Steve will see the benefit in doing this.

EDIT: After reading Trevor's post in the other thread, why is CF2K4 money being used to ship shirts for CF2K3? I did not want the money back for a personal refund, I thought it should go to CF2K4. I am glad they might return the shirts, but they shouldn't be allowed to keep the money for all the headaches they have caused to members over this.

·
Premium Member
8,300 Posts
It's taken this long to get him to ship them to James for distribution ... how long do you think it would take to get the money? Here is my plan ... Steve, I hope you are reading this.

James will get the shirts and distribute them and then send me a bill for the shipping costs, both from Steve to him and from him to everyone else. I will then reimburse James for the shipping costs and assume Steve's debt for this. I hate to end a friendship over ~$300, but at this point, I could care less. Needless to say, I am highly disappointed in the way things have played out.

Steve, if you read this, call me!

This thread is for information purposes, please refrain from commenting!

·
Registered
4,095 Posts
I just want to thank all of the CF organizers for putting effort into this resolution....without such a Team working together with each other openly and sharing communication, who knows where we'd be today.

Great job team, i like seeing these positive steps forward :thumbsup:

·
w00t!
15,782 Posts
Yeah Trevor... it might be an ugly end to a friendship, but i'm glad you and James are doing what needs to be done.

I thank you guys, and will personally thank you both again at Cougarfest since im sure you will both be there :)

·
T3/T4 60-1
8,015 Posts
Yeah it sucks we will be using CF2k4 funds, but we feel it is the RIGHT thing to do.

Hopefully this will but behind us any hard feelings towards the past cougarfest, and we can start concentrating on making 2K4 happen.

BTW: If the shirts don't get to James in a decent time, we have a backup plan :)

·
Registered
1,684 Posts
I don't want to sound like a jerkoff, but I thought Steve/Heather + Shipping = No Progress. If they can't send out single pre-packaged boxes to people, why would they send a huge box to James which would cost more in the end - " At this time, if he decides to do this route..."? Is it me or should whatever money coming out of CF2K4 come out of their pockets?

Originally posted by: OJE I offered in the other thread but i dont know where he lives.
Round up everyone from eastern PA, New Jersey, and elsewhere and show up at their door. I'm sure you could get an address.

·
w00t!
15,782 Posts
Originally posted by: PuckPuck

BTW: If the shirts don't get to James in a decent time, we have a backup plan :)
oh! oh! do we all go down there and start doing Ground Control installations on their front lawn... and launching the springs at their house??? :biggrin:

·
Registered
2,390 Posts
Thank you James for stepping in though after the way many of these people treated you last year I dont know why you'd wanna help. As for the rest of you- those who told us to chill all along and are now finally realizing the BS :slap: Its about damn time!

I am going to be very disapointed in the "management" if 2004 money goes to clean up this mess. Steve has the money and the shirts. If they keep the money I will be filing a report through my attorney. I'm no lawyer but I am guessing it is mail fraud or something. Either way if it crosses state lines I think it is an FBI issue. I better see some results and I mean soon. :mad:

·
Premium Member
8,300 Posts
Originally posted by: Sled
Thank you James for stepping in though after the way many of these people treated you last year I dont know why you'd wanna help. As for the rest of you- those who told us to chill all along and are now finally realizing the BS :slap: Its about damn time!

I am going to be very disappointed in the "management" if 2004 money goes to clean up this mess. Steve has the money and the shirts. If they keep the money I will be filing a report through my attorney. I'm no lawyer but I am guessing it is mail fraud or something. Either way if it crosses state lines I think it is an FBI issue. I better see some results and I mean soon. :mad:
It's this or no T-Shirts. I am stepping up and paying for the shipping from this year's funds. I will then hold Steve responsible for paying me back. This way, it's him vs. me, not him vs. an entire disgruntled community. Considering that the funds are in my name, I don't really see the need to disclose this information, but I have. I have done so to try and get everything out in the open. Regardless, the money situation isn't really anyone's business but mine. I will leave it at that.

BTW, Steve and Heather will be banned as of now.

·
Christmas cutie
5,229 Posts
I too appreciate the efforts that are being made to get the shirts. I'm still bitter about the fact that someone who happened to see them at a party was able to get their shirts while the rest of us wait empty handed.

While I certainly appreciate the gesture being made to "ban them," my question is, do you really think that they care at this point? I have done a lot of things and met a lot of people that I would not have been able to without this medium, but I think that Steve and Heather have showed just what they thought of us, our money, and our time. Even today, we continue to waste our time complaining.

So, thanks for the symbolic gesture of banning them and for making the effort to get us our shirts....something, that, in my opinion, should have been done long ago. Especially with the bitterness surrounding this event and the fact that we are going to have potential sponsors checking out this site.

·
Premium Member
8,300 Posts
Originally posted by: tnkgurl
I too appreciate the efforts that are being made to get the shirts. I'm still bitter about the fact that someone who happened to see them at a party was able to get their shirts while the rest of us wait empty handed.

While I certainly appreciate the gesture being made to "ban them," my question is, do you really think that they care at this point? I have done a lot of things and met a lot of people that I would not have been able to without this medium, but I think that Steve and Heather have showed just what they thought of us, our money, and our time. Even today, we continue to waste our time complaining.

So, thanks for the symbolic gesture of banning them and for making the effort to get us our shirts....something, that, in my opinion, should have been done long ago. Especially with the bitterness surrounding this event and the fact that we are going to have potential sponsors checking out this site.
All money collected on behalf of CougarFest 2003 will be collected, minus shirt print costs. This I promise you!

·
Registered
976 Posts
Please keep us up to date as to your progress.

·
Registered
4,409 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Hoping to have tracking number later today on the items.... I will keep this post updated. If I obtain tracking number today on the package enroute to me, I can schedule shipments then

1 - 20 of 42 Posts