New Cougar Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Go to homestead.com they offer free web hosting I think you get about 16Meg of space to play with plus you can build your site online no software required.

·
Registered
1,219 Posts
I got to hear this, pleeeeezz?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I'd rather just hand it to someone who's got an FTP or something. I don't wanna bother with it. I guess if you'd like to hear it, send me your e-mail address and I'll send it to you.

It's a 15 second movie clip, .wmv file 1.6 Megs

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
One other thing....to those I've already sent it too. I don't think I went much over 5k RPM's when I made that clip...

G

·
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I did both the Borla and headers at once, so I'm not real sure.
The sound clip is quite good, except in person, there is more bass. It is noticeably louder in person (thanks dinky computer speakers!) I'm not sure how it is with just the Borla, but when stock, you rarely "hear" the engine unless your accelerating. With this new set-up up, you hear it %100 of the time. I'm not sure if it's that way with the Borla or not.

·
Registered
4,342 Posts
Definitely NOT. I had the Borla for almost a year before the headers. The only time the Borla spoke up is when you gave it the gas (i.e. when it's supposed to). Cruising was just as quiet as stock, idling gave more presence (lower rumble).

Now, I hear the engine almost all the time- Cruising, it's barely noticeable, but when you jump on it, it howls. Engine's rev happy as hell, now, too, 'cause of the scavenging effect and increased breathability.

·
Registered
1,219 Posts
What do I need to run a WMV file?

·
Registered
1,219 Posts
Thanks. I couldn't open the file straight up, had to open the media player first.

Cool video, that looks like a good place to practice e-braking

G

·
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Hey, I have the yodude exhaust and kkm intake. I'm about to put my MSDS headers on, NOw i know there's a huge restriction on the stock headers, because i didn't have the exhaust on yet and had a straight through and out the catalytic converter sound coming out which wasn't very loud at all, on my RX-7 you could hear it miles away,and my Cougar wasn't loud enough to hear down the street so i know it's gonna do alot.

My question is what will the MSDS do to my exhaust sound? Louder or deeper tone? I'm hoping just a little deeper and a little louder. Does it get rid of that ricer noise you get at about 3000rpm where it sounds like the air is catching in the muffler? You know then it goes away at about 3500rpms.

Do you guys with the BORLA's have the same thing?

·
Registered
2,159 Posts
RX-7's can be extremely loud... it's the nature of the beast.

·
Registered
2,159 Posts
That sounds great! It actually sounds a lot like a Porsche Boxster.

Thanks MC and uRiDiAN... I've been really wanting to hear the headers too and you can't really make a clip better than that.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.