New Cougar Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
638 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Last tuesday about 6pm me and 4 friends were going to oshkosh for a bb game we were in my 2000 cougar. About a mile from my house 5 deer ran in front of me and i smacked 3 of the bastards. I was really lucky. Only damage was a dented hood getting replaced with a Kaminari hood and both fender are dented or bent getting Z3 fenders painted from skywalker. And my passenger headlight is half there. My Roush front bumper still in one piece no damage thank god. And my grill insert and the plastic mess on the bumper smashed and broken. And my driver side mirror is gone adn a small scratch on the passanger door. Insurance is paying for it all and there goin to pay to get my car repainted!!!
So the moral of story deer suck but now i get the hood and fender i could not afford for free.

·
Registered
1,969 Posts
why match skywalkers car by getting the same hood? you both even have black cougs too dont'ya? :rofl:

·
Registered
638 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah both are black. Its the only afte market hood i like. I was going to buy skywalkers a while back. Our cars are total differant.
Mine-2000 atx balck
-Roush front
-Wings west sides-ordering when my check comes
-Drift rear
-Z3 fenders-When check comes
-Kaminari food Fiberglass-When check comes
-Stock spoiler
-tail light covers
-Black out side markers
-Dynomax exaust
-Custom Ram air
-stock 2000 16'' rims

Skywalker-2000 Roush Mtx black
-Roush sides and rear
-Drift front
-White side markers
-Kaminari hood carbon fiber
-WW high ris spoiler
-X1 fenders
-Side vents
-Tail light covers
-01-02 headlight with angel eyes
-WW grill
-18'' rims
and theres more

ARE cars will no look the same. You woulds of seen my car saturday when we were goin to put the cold air on his car. I really want to see your WRX.

·
Registered
1,371 Posts
Originally posted by: CougarGT
Free?

Right............
You have 0 dollars deductible?

Your Insurance rates will increase. Even in an accident that you are 95% not at fault (you are 5% liable when you are on the road technically) your rates will go up.

If it was me and the accident didn't create any mechanical issues with my car, I would have flipped the bill on the mods and paint myself. You will probably pay more than double of what your insurance company is paying initially.

Insurance is great when you are in a crunch, or especially for bodily injury or death cases. Because you could be paying those two off for the rest of your life without it. But, cosmetic damage is not worth it. You have to know when to draw the line... in this case I would have taken care of it myself.

This type of thinking has paid off big for me. I pay 78 dollars a month on the Cougar full coverage, high compensation - low deductible.

This is due to never making a claim in my life. Trust me, I have cracked bumpers, bent rims, control arms, ... The whole nine yards.

[GnuLoCo]

·
Registered
2,064 Posts
Originally posted by: GnuLoCo
Originally posted by: CougarGT
Free?

Right............
You have 0 dollars deductible?

Your Insurance rates will increase. Even in an accident that you are 95% not at fault (you are 5% liable when you are on the road technically) your rates will go up.

If it was me and the accident didn't create any mechanical issues with my car, I would have flipped the bill on the mods and paint myself. You will probably pay more than double of what your insurance company is paying initially.

Insurance is great when you are in a crunch, or especially for bodily injury or death cases. Because you could be paying those two off for the rest of your life without it. But, cosmetic damage is not worth it. You have to know when to draw the line... in this case I would have taken care of it myself.

This type of thinking has paid off big for me. I pay 78 dollars a month on the Cougar full coverage, high compensation - low deductible.

This is due to never making a claim in my life. Trust me, I have cracked bumpers, bent rims, control arms, ... The whole nine yards.

[GnuLoCo]
Not to mention the average number of claims of a given car style is calcluated in rates.
What might not cost this tool anything initially will be spread out to all who pay insurance.

Nothing is FREE.

·
Registered
638 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
My insurance is 120$ a month full coverage im 18. So that aint that bad. I have no maney really to fix it my self and my insurance will only go up 10$ to 130$ a month. SO im not really complaining. It needs to get fixed other wise im goin toi get tickets for only one headlight and i need new fenders b/c they rub on the wheel when i turn.
it was either hit the deer or go down a 20foot ditch into a creek and trees and prob get severly injuried.

·
Registered
233 Posts
But you could have harmed the poor little deers:cry:bwahahahaha get a bone yard headlight and pound out the fenders with a hammer. Live wit hthe damage till you have the cash to fix it. Cheap parts will show up out of the blue and you'll be better off in the long run. And 120 a month is alot. i pay almost half that on my 03 dmax and that'sa 40K++ truck ....

·
Registered
1,371 Posts
Act of God falls underneath the comprehensive coverage. All depending what policy you have.

Comprehensive coverage is what would pay for accidents between cars and animals. Comprehensive or sometimes known as 'Other Than Collision' coverage pays for damage caused by hitting a deer, and damage from hail, theft or falling objects. It is optional. And is covered only to what you decide to pay for in your policy.

"Comprehensive coverage pays for damage to your auto from almost all other causes such as fire, vandalism, water, hail, glass breakage, wind, falling objects, civic commotion, or hitting an animal. Damage from striking a deer is a relatively frequent accident in Wisconsin. It is important to know that most policies cover hitting an animal under comprehensive, not collision, insurance."
[GnuLoCo]

·
Registered
1,633 Posts
Sorry, but I need to vent

Originally posted by: Estiem
why match skywalkers car by getting the same hood? you both even have black cougs too dont'ya? :rofl:
Originally posted by: PurePimpinCougar
Yeah both are black. Its the only afte market hood i like. I was going to buy skywalkers a while back. Our cars are total differant.

ARE cars will no look the same. You woulds of seen my car saturday when we were goin to put the cold air on his car. I really want to see your WRX.
I'd say putting a "ROUSH" badge on your car is kind of trying to match my car. just becuase you have Roush fronts and sides doesn't make it a roush, as I hear you telling people it is. Your just trying to call your car something its not and by doing this you would be putting yourself in with all the other wannabe dorks in NECO for instance "XR" emblems on a car thats not an "XR" well I guess its better than "SS" Maybe after I get the boxster vents installed I'll order me a Porsche emblem.

Walker OUT!

·
Registered
638 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I have never told anyone that my car is a roush im just puting the badges on the sideskirts so ppl know what kind of kit it is. I dont know were u are getting ur info from but chill out. Its just like Razzi and WW putting there name on there kit. And yeah i call it a WANNABE ROUSH becase it has everything roush but roush suspension and wheels. i never called it a true Roush because it will never be one. Its just a plain jane cougar that looks like one.

·
Registered
1,493 Posts
I know how you feel with the deer. I was driving in my rents 96 Mustang GT convertible this weekend and look away for a split second then when I look back at the road there is a bambi right in front of me. How much did your estimate end up being?

·
Registered
638 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
2200$

1 - 17 of 17 Posts