New Cougar Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
429 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As some of you know I wrecked my cougar about 2 weeks ago. While it is in the shop getting fixed I have been riding around with some of my friends. Last night I am riding with one of my friends who has a brand new Hummer H2. We are just riding around in town like we always do and everyone is screaming at us and asking if they can ride (We live in a small town and most of the people had never seen an H2 before he got his). We notice that a cop is following us really close so we pull into a friends house which is not in the best part of town and we see about 3 cops pass while we knock on the door but he is not there so we leave. As soon as we pull out of his driveway we see blue lights and before we know it the H2 is surrounded by about 5 police cars. They all come up to the vehicle shining their lights and searching around and then they start asking my friend all kinds of questions and the conversation went something like this.
Cop: How old are you son?
My friend: 16
Cop: How can you afford something like this if you are only 16 son?
My friend: My dad got it for me.
Cop: What does your dad do for a living?
My friend: He owns a couple of businesses in Memphis .
Cop: If it is yours then why does it have an out of state license plate?
My friend: Like I said my dad lives in Memphis and he just gave it to me.
Cop: We know you are selling drugs because you pulled up to that house but you didn't stay very long and you have your hat tilted to the side and your dressed like a punk rocker.
My friend: Sir I don't do drugs, or sell drugs we were just stoppoing at my friends house because we were tired of you following us around all night for no reason.
Cop: Don't get smart with me and we better not see you around here any more.
All of us: This is one of our friends house and you can't tell us that we can't visit him just because we are driving a hummer.

Then the cop leaves and continues to follow us around but he just kept a good distance between us, which was probably smart on his part because we were pissed and if he would of got near us we would have probably ran over his car with the hummer. Sounds like police harassment to me.

·
Registered
230 Posts
Profiling at its best. Cops blow.

·
Registered
485 Posts
Thats coo that your friend gots a nice car though and as long as u guys aren't drinkin or causin trouble cops can't do ****, for except maybe curfew violation. What does your friends dad drive if his son drives an H2???

·
Registered
3,309 Posts
oh i hate it when they do that kinda crap......

but it does remind me of what happened to me and my friend about 2 years ago. the cop pulled us over for NO reason in the middle of the cruising strip and asked my friend, who was driving, if there were any drugs or alcohol in the car. my friend politely said "no sir, i've been looking all day and haven't found crap". BIG MISTAKE!!!! they slammed his butt down on the sidewalk and he sat in jail over night. just another way cops are abusing their power.

·
Registered
429 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Originally posted by: CbOy2000
Thats coo that your friend gots a nice car though and as long as u guys aren't drinkin or causin trouble cops can't do ****, for except maybe curfew violation. What does your friends dad drive if his son drives an H2???
There is no curfew where we live and even if there was it was only like 10:30 when it happened. The H2 is actually his dads and he drives a brand new z71, but they share because his dad likes to go hunting and use his truck so he usually drives up to Memphis to get the H2 on the weekends. His dad also has an Excursion that is his company vehicle and a Porsche 911 Turbo that hardly ever sees the road.

·
Registered
4,973 Posts
so they followed you around after that too huh? Hell I would have loved that! I always drive around late at night, passing by the local hangouts, just listenin to music. I'd make that cop follow me around and around town just wasting gas...pull into a gas station, fill up, drive around some more. suckers.

Mike

·
Registered
54 Posts
Originally posted by: rista
oh i hate it when they do that kinda crap......

but it does remind me of what happened to me and my friend about 2 years ago. the cop pulled us over for NO reason in the middle of the cruising strip and asked my friend, who was driving, if there were any drugs or alcohol in the car. my friend politely said "no sir, i've been looking all day and haven't found crap". BIG MISTAKE!!!! they slammed his butt down on the sidewalk and he sat in jail over night. just another way cops are abusing their power.

That is funny as hell!!!
:rofl:

·
Registered
5,817 Posts
I love cops.....he was just doing his job, against terrorist supporting people like your friend who drive SUVs.

·
Registered
2,274 Posts
best thing to do to cops when they are following you is just circle a block over and over until they finally stop following you :-D

·
Registered
1,350 Posts
I had a similar incident last night.
Friend's dad just got a 04 navigator, damn thing totaled up to 62k and some change.....I still cant see it, but whatever. Anyways were taking it for a spin, had the DVD goin, stock system is kinda loud, mind you all the windows are rolled up, then of course got pulled over. 2 cops with their lights all looking into the back and side windows, which were freshly tinted- So they can not be rolled down for a while. After they "checked" for people hiding in the back I guess, we had an issue opening the door, I mean one of the cops started to draw his gun, because we wouldnt roll the glass down. After some questions on who, what when where, they see that the car is under my friends name, then they see he is 23 and asian. So they pin him as a drug dealer. After some more ****, they run my name, im good, no problems, so hey...lets search the car without our consent. They find a briefcase in the trunk full of money, laptop and a revolver. Things only get better now. Few hundred more questions, yes the gun has all the paper work RIGHT NEXT TO IT, under my friends name. But we cant touch it of course, so a thousand more questions, and 3 more cop cars later. Now we have a big show going on- all of them have to look inside the interior with their lights, smell that new car smell, talk **** about how we couldnt afford this car. I mean damn it all, but the one detail they over looked was that THEY PULLED US OVER IN MY DRIVE WAY! Parking and walkin all over my grass, causing the neighbors to come out at 11pm, holy hell if my dad decided to come home. So he did and told those dumb ass's to get off the grass with their cruisers. We live in a nice neighborhood, we dont have that kind of ****. Then 1 cop began to question him about where he lives and where he is going.....damn if they are having 1 rookie cop doing paper work for a while. My dad called up the cheif of our little city's police patrol which lived down the street. He about **** too.
Well around 12:30am, they decided that everything is now safe and we can go home now......they have bad memories because we were already home. My friend stayed over, but this morning he got pulled over again for not being able to see the paper id plate in the rear window....damn SUV's, who needs them?

·
Registered
1,166 Posts
That does suck... But you:

Had the windows probably tinted too dark...
Refused to roll down the window...
Tried to get out of the car...
Had a briefcase that was filled with cash, a laptop and a gun...
Had paperwork for the gun, but you are still driving around with it being accessable... It's not like it was in a trunk...

Even though you were profiled in the first place - which I think is wrong... And also searched without consent - which I also think is wrong... I still would have been very suspicious after finding the breifcase. What were you doing driving around with a breifcase full of cash and a gun?

·
Registered
1,350 Posts
To what ZEXcougar must know about the incident:
The contents of the case are from having your own buisiness. My friends father is very protective of his belongings. The gun is actually liscensed to the father which didnt expect tohave his son leave the house with it. It was left back in the cargo area accidentally, so he just doent have it there for any other reason but as to forgetting it. Dad did call my friend 3 times on cell, but neither of us heard it for they system being too loud.

Windows are dealership tinted to legal specifications, the cop's were just suspicious of seeing a couple of young guys cruising in a new Navigator with an out of view paper id tag. We didnt try to get out untill they opened the door for they couldnt understand what we were saying.

This has happened before with the same friend, that time we had his brothers 03 5 series BMW convertible on 19"s. We have a hard time enjoying life around here, jealous cops everywhere. I know thats what they think from their attitude towards my friend. They dont bother me too much, just him. Incidents are just so full of ****, you just have to be there to understand how they make you feel like ****.

·
Registered
1,854 Posts
Well after a roadtrip, my front bumber, hood & windshield was full of bug splatter.
i cant stand a dirty car so I went to a local 24hr car wash around 12am and there were no cars on the road

After I got it washed and pulled out, a cop car passes by slowly. i go on my way back and i see a car fast approaching behind me.
First i thought it might be some racer or something i didnt care. Since the speed limit was 40 I was going slow cus I got a ticket here before.

The car drives right up to my ass and then i noticed it was a cop car!
I got to a stop sign and slowed down and stopped for awhile taking some time and i guess this pissed the cop.
I go on my way and i see the cop make a U-turn and left

drive like a slow granny and you will loose the cops

can a man wash his car in peace

1 - 20 of 20 Posts