New Cougar Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just had an idea for custom exhaust if u keep the stock cat and resonator then split the pipe in 2 with no muffler u think that can make a good dual exhaust ??

asking pro i have no clue if it can work or i wont have enough restriction..

·
Registered
368 Posts
I think it would sound terrible b/c you don't really have a muffler. Too much trouble, since josh's system is such a good deal, it's not worth fighting with a muffler shop for a custom job.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Probably gain some performance, but the noise will drive you crazy. Too little gain and too much noise to make it worth while

·
T3/T4 60-1
8,015 Posts
if you want a good setup, put a muffler where the resonator is, then bring the pipe back, split it after the gas tank then go right into tips from there... only 1 muffler, no resonator... you can then decide on how loud you want to go depending on your muffler, dynomax being quite, magnaflo a little louder, flowmaster the loudest... then again you could just save yourself the heartache and get a YoDude system... it bolts on, and couldn't be easier to do

·
T3/T4 60-1
8,015 Posts
with no muffler you would GAIN power... the best exhaust system is NO exhaust after headers

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.